Michael Logan's Predictions

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dc cubs

I say this as a Days fan, I would be shocked if Days walked away with three Emmy wins. I don't see Darin Brooks winning. Hell, I can't even remember the last time Days had an actor win a nomination. I'd think it was a success for them to walk away with one win.

• Members

I have watched many of the submissions and Series should probably go to B&B but DAYS submission was very good as well.

If it is any show that should not be winning a mass amount of awards (save for Debbi Morgan and possibly Cornelius Smith, but I haven't got to that category yet) it is AMC. That tornado was a piece of crap, it was all CGI effects and no story.

• Members

There was NO story during AMC's tornado? Child, please. I seem to recall a chief complaint that there was too much story going on during the tornado. A LOT happened. It wasn't just the whole town being destroyed by tornadoes and crazy CGI effects -- there was significant development among every storyline, and the tornado pretty much launched all of Pratt's new stories.

• Members

The submission I watched gave me no clear picture of their "story" all it was as I watched the submission was look at this special effect. They only submit one episode not a whole storyline, I didn't watch the whole tornado storyline just that one episode submission that voters are supposed to be judging on.

• Members

All I really care about is something for Guiding Light, so it is good that Logan thinks Jeff Branson might win.

I am also still holding out hope for Daniel Cosgrove, who was praised by the Goldderby people for being understated but genuine in his acting even though he wasn't their prediction

And I would totally love it if EJ Bonilla pulls out the upset! But that's probably too big a dream since Logan doesn't mention his reel at all.

• Members

I strongly disagree. Williamson, particularly in the scenes mentioned, did work that kept my partner and I glued to the screen and on the edge of our sofa seats. We thought they felt real and riveting; certainly "in your face", but absolutely true and believable for what someone in Jessica's circumstance would have felt. We were just commenting yesterday how her scenes surrounding Nash's death were probably STILL the best, most memorable things to air on OLTL in the past few years. And I certainly don't think she's "overrated," when you consider how there are FAR more overexposed actresses in daytime being MUCH more agressively shoved down viewers throats.

On a totally unrelated note, isn't AMC's Kendall, Alicia Minshew competing in the same Emmy category as Williamson? :lol:

Archived