ALL:Grade The Soaps

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the month of July, here is my grade:

AMC-"D+" because of mediocre storylines and this show is plot-driven when it should be about the characters. The current stories that is pushing me away: Erica/Ryan pairing, the over-exposure of Ryan, Zach and Kendall, the endless "Who Killed Stuart" storyline; they need to focus on pairings of Jake/Amanda, Annie/Aidan, and infuse more romance into the show.

ATWT-"D" because of the current storylines that moves faster than a speeding bullet and too many holes I am avoiding this show like a plague; however, things are looking up with the recent casting of Forbes, Stuart, Lynn, Judi and the writing should improve vastly, time will tell.

B&B-"D" because Brooke/Ridge/Taylor triangle is on "take 61,788", enough is enough! The only bright spot in this whole mess of this show is the pairing of Jackie/Owen and whenever Susan Flannery's Stephanie is on but it's not enough to salvage the show.

DAYS-"C" because of weak, recycled storylines but the strong actors are carrying the show; with the soon-to-be-coming Vivian, Lawrence, and Carly will give this show a much needed jolt. The acting of Alison Sweeney (Sami) gets the big kudos of this month.

GH-"C+" because of the big push in the past two weeks with the car crash storyline which involved important players of this show and the new infusion of the teenie boppers however they seem to be a good casting thus far so it's tolerable to watch this show. GH needs less mob/bombing/crashing storylines and more vet/humanistic/hospital stories which what this show is all about.

GL-"B+" because of the Bauer 4th of July party, Otalia meltdown, Philip's impending death, Spaulding men camp-out, Bizzie wedding, and the death of Jeffrey is pushing this show on a high-note along with the returns of fan favorites (Danny, Michelle, Mindy, Ed, Ava) and we will soon see Holly, Jonathan, Bridget, Dylan, Nola and many more before the lights go out on Sept. 18th. Creatively this show is rocking.

OLTL-"B-" because multiple storylines are interwoving across Llanview which is very good, however, I could not give this show an "A-" because of the dreadful, horrid, endless, over-exposed triangle story of Gigi/Rex/Stacey; the writing is horrible, the stunt is horrible, the acting is horrible--for the goodness of OLTL fans dump this storyline faster than I can say "immediate cancellation."

Y&R-"B-" because the overall storylines may be dry and slow but the usuage of the cast from young to the veterans is phenomenal; the return of Nina, debut of Philip III, the expose of Philip/Cane, gaslighting saga of Ashley, and other stories are making this show campy and entertaining. This is why this show is #1 in the ratings among the daytime soaps and SoapNet.

Archived