Y&R under Latham vs Bell

• Members

I think in the last two weeks, Y&R has sunk as low as it got under Latham. I'm amazed at how fast this show has fallen into the dumper. Where to begin: It seemed to really start when they started the Adam blindness plot and tied up the Katherine identity plot. And it just gets worse by the day. It's sad because I was soo enjoying this show through early spring. But it's painful to watch now. Why?

1. Stupid story No. 1. Victor doesn't get it that Adam is behind the gaslighting. Adam has a Doctor in his hip pocket. Ash has hysterical pregnancy. Adam and Rafe have sex, pointless, dumb and not entertaining.

2. Stupid story No. 2. Phillip arranged his own death. A dying teen is able to orchestrate a fake death. NOOO.. this is just sloppy storyteling. The whole Cain angle is also hard to stomach since various writers kept changing his character motivations.

3. Stupid story No. 3. Daniel's set up by Deacon. On top of the chipmunk crap (which they're still pushing with those horrible Kevin scenes), we have this totally plot driven drivel, just to bring back Deacon. Who cares?!

4. Mary Jane/Patti...not another changed face (sheila anyone) crazy person.

5. Gloria and Jeffrey. They've become complete cartoon characters.

6. BAAAAD Acting. There are always a handful of bad actors on all the shows but Y&R has given put several of them on daily: Heather, Lily, Mac, nuAdam (he's not good, sorry), Noah, Eden, Kevin (who's phoning in his performances lately), Michael (sorry Christian, but you are as annoying as Justin Deas was on GL until this last year when he started toning his performances down), Rafe and last but not least, Phillip II and Chance...wow...are they bad. John Driscoll may improve but Thom Bierdz (I have marbles in my mouth) is not an actor; he's an artist. If they were going to bring him back, he needed to be in a coma.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but DOOL is more entertaining and less maddening to watch right now. Come on MAB, hire some quality story writers to help you turn this mess around...save our beloved Y&R....

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know about more entertaining, but yes less maddening. More sleep inducing too. At least Y&R takes chances - bad ones but nevertheless...

I guess you have to pick your poison or give up on Daytime (as I am heading towards) as Days & Y&R are imo the best of the bunch. Scary stuff...

• Members

Very true, I'll still watch the soaps, but more and more, I'm losing hope that they can ever be as good as they used to be. I don't think we'll ever get an overall quality product on daytime ever again for a lengthy period of time.

I'm still hoping that these shows find better writers and producers, again, who knows if that will work out anyway...

• Members

LMFAO Those were exactly my thoughts as well! Sorry to say it, but the writing on DAYS right now is much better than Y&R!

Darlings, you don't have to post, or even read this thread, as I'm sure you know! :lol:

Archived