Uh Oh... Uncertain Future of OLTL Vet

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it doesn't really matter what he says or does. She's going to stay. She was always going to stay. I think Robin Strasser would stay for a keychain and a complimentary popcorn at this point. She loves this show, and she's a huge drama queen. I love her to death, and I hate that she's being shortchanged, but she's going to stay.

• Members

Oh Elaine, they did you wrong girl. Can you imagine her position if they ever asked her back?? A healthy hand of "F^%& off" mixed with, "But damn, I sure wouldn't mind those checks..."

• Members

OLTL cannot afford to lose RS right now, but TPTB should keep in mind that Dorian is not a comedic character. I haven't liked the way she has been written for quite some time..

BTW, I just visited Daytime Confidential and they are suggesting several parts in case Robin leaves the show. Some of them sound more than wrong, for example RS as B&B's Margo Lynley. :)

• Members

Yeah, I saw another where they suggested her as Phyllis' mother on Y&R.

I totally agree with your first paragraph. Robin is great at the comedic stuff, I mean she's the one who brought that dimension to the character, but they've been writing her into a corner with it. Dorian is far more complex than some stock character, the cooky, affected, rich bitch. She has much deeper, darker colors going on, I guess that's why I'd love to see them revisit the Victor stuff even if people are sick of it because she was so great during that time. My only fear is that it won't be handled with the same degree of care and we'll get a 40th anniversary fan-fiction fiasco.

Archived