Uh Oh... Uncertain Future of OLTL Vet

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It does kind of sound like she's gone and that message is a message to ABC to change the course (budge on pay) on Friday or else... She's pissed. Her messages are always too long, though. ... 10 minutes later, lol, uhm oh "she has an important person" (publisher?) on her side. I hung up after 12 minutes.

• Members

Sounds like she's going to walk. ABC isn't budging from their offer & RS knows she deserves more - she's been a team player and took a HUGE cut when she came back.

What I took from the message was that she's willing to walk and has other projects that she can turn to (writing a book) if the deal goes south. It sounds like we'll know more this evening...

• Members

I hope Robin stays. I can't imagine OLTL without her! If she does leave I will understand her decision, but she is so much of why I have stuck with OLTL through the lean times.

The poor wrapup for the Dorian/David relationship and A's firing both seem like Fronsian attempts to show Robin the door without actually firing her.

Her departure would also be a blow to what is left of the Cramer family, since Langston is a supporting player, Blair already has less and less of a purpose and I doubt Frons would let them have Addie on more often even if Dorian goes.

• Members

I hope that Robin takes their offer because I'll miss Dorian. OLTL will go on without Dorian. She and Vicki have been phased out to varying degrees over the last year. Dorian had that wonderful BE takeover story and then it was as if she fell off a cliff. She is now a supporting character.

• Members

Wow, I've never listened to Robin's hotline before, though I've known about it for years. It certainly doesn't sound good. Her departure would be the end for me and OLTL. I hadn't watched a soap regularly since the end of Another World, then I read about the storyline with Dorian taking over BE and decided to tape it. I've been taping it ever since. Dorian is by far my favorite character -- I have fuzzy memories of Robin as Rachel on Another World -- and I sit through a lot of crap to get to see her.

I'll hope for the best, because I'd really miss her. But if this doesn't work out, I'll be first in line to buy her book. I hope she names names and is really straightforward about the idiots who have destroyed daytime over the past 15 years or so. I suspect she will be!

• Members

Robin has always said she will do a lot of things, but it's usually up in the air how many come to fruition. Her hotline is a ventilation system, if you take my meaning.

She's generally very dramatic and manic about these things, so I'm hoping this is just preamble to her taking the (unfair) deal. Frons has been shortchanging her money-wise since she returned. Without Dorian, OLTL is less.

• Members

For real? He said that? Ouch! The boy can be blunt when pushed.

Regardless of whether Strasser stays on OLTL or not, I still want a guest stint on Castle. Maybe something where she plays a publishing mogul who mercilessly hits on Castle. It would be wild fun.

• Members

Yeah, I've been listening to her hotline for many years now, I remember when she took it down for a while when she left the show the last time, and how happy I was when she returned and it was back up. Only a few months ago she left a message saying this was the final hotline message, then I guess she reconsidered/ironed out a couple of personal things, and there was a new recording days later. A flair for the dramatic indeed. :P

I agree with the posters above who've said that they've stuck with OLTL mainly for Robin, I left with her after the JFPhiasco. I've become increasingly frustrated with how they've handled Dorian, but obviously I'd rather see this get fixed than have no Dorian at all.

Erika Slezak said in her latest newsletter that something very exciting is coming up for Viki and Dorian, so I would REALLY hate to see Robin go now, I hope the promise of a great new s/l will woo her to stay. And for the record, they need to give her more cash before they even think about bringing over anyone from GL and just writing that gave me the awake nightmare of "The role of Dorian Lord will now be played by Kim Zimmer." :o

Now Marj Dusay on the other hand... I kid I kid, PLEASE STAY ROBIN!

• Members

I hate hearing this news! I had a feeling this would happen. Whatever ABC's offering, it's true that deserves more! Strasser is an amazing actress and Dorian is such a rich ,important piece of not only OLTL's history but their future. I hope they can work out a deal.. =\

• Members

New message.

She points out that she's not quitting, trivializes what's going on. Maybe she's pointing out Nelson saying (typing) that.

She's been asked to take a time out (I guess from negotiations). Brian Frons is on vacation for 8 more days. She's not happy about this, not hopeful anything will change when he's back. Nothing's changed in the past few months.

Says it's a bigger pay-cut than other actors were asked to take. She took a 63% paycut in 2003 (from her 1999 pay). She feels discriminated against (age).

Still listening.

ETA:

So I guess she's waiting to see what happens when Frons returns. They asked her too, she is ... but she seems fed up with the whole bunch of them.

Nice message - her talking about the survival of daytime and how much she wants it. I think this message was just 10 minutes.

• Members

The upshot is she has been asked to make no announcement and chill out and wait for Frons to come back to talk to him. She is miffed but says over and over she is not quitting and subtly blames Nelson for putting that perception out there. She insists she is open to negotiating and would never simply quit. Bottom line, she is probably staying no matter what which is what I told you all in the first place but no one ever listens to the mean boy, do they, no, of course not. I have been listening to this woman's dispatches from the Twilight Zone since her last exit from the show and I tell you now this is all foreplay to a re-signing, as usual.

Archived