SUDS Report 06/26

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NOT A CHANCE.

Heinle is pregnant. They will NOT fire a pregnant woman.

Aaron Spelling figured that out with Hunter Tylo $$$$.

At most, they'll bring in Tognoni as a temp-recast, and if she sparks, maybe they'll try to buy Heinle/Luckinbill out of their contracts. But that would cost $$. And the publicity of ditching a pregnant woman...has JFP ever lived down canning Lesli Kay while pregnant??

• Members

What if they came to some agreement with Heinle? Like she knows they haven't been writing for her and they want to take the character in a different direction?

Heinle's contract cycle could be up and they might not be willing to renew it, in which case, they're perfectly able to do so.

Why bring a 2 time Emmy winner and one of the more popular actresses of her generation in daytime just to be a temp recast? It wouldn't make sense financially, story-wise, or overall.

Contract cycles expire ever 13 weeks for actors, so the Luckinbills cycles could be up. What does Y&R have to lose in terms of its image anyway?

• Members

I'm as eager to lose Heinle as you, but let us not forget the quotes about how she is the "most popular person" on the set. Perhaps that should not matter...but I think the show will not fire Heinle/Luckinbill during a PREGNANCY if only for MORALE reasons.

I may be wrong. The threat to move Davidson to recurring and the bullsh!t they are pulling with MTS may suggest that Sony is willing to play villain now.

I think they could get away with firing Heinle/Luckinbill on FINANCIAL grounds. "We need to pare down; we're not using you; you need to go at the end of your cycle." Again, though, I am near-positive they'll be unwilling to do this with a pregnant woman. Heinle just passed her fourth year on the show, so I don't think she is near any major contract milestone either. She's probably one year into her second 3-year contract...I'll bet she has 26-week cycles by now, and if I am right, her next one won't come up until the autumn.

But dropping Heinle is one thing. Turning RIGHT AROUND and recasting her...I don't think they'll risk such an unpopular move.

If they bring Tognoni to Y&R, it will probably be as non-Victoria. Maybe Grace! 'Cause Nick needs another woman.

• Members

So? Y&R is a business at the end of the day, and if they want to fire her, and her cycle is up, they have every right. Stranger things have happened on this show over the past couple of years.

I love how you blame everything on Sony, yet the Bells walk way spotless. They're as invovled as anyone else.

She doesn't have a 26 week cycle, she doesn't have that type of name recognition in daytime or clout. Actors that have been there longer have 13 weeks to their cycle.

If they want the move the character in a different direction, they'll do it regardless. Again, Heinle said herself that she would understand if they wanted to recast or bring Heather Tom back. I have a feeling she knew this was coming down the line.

Nick has too much to worry about right now and as badly written and mismanaged as Y&R is, I doubt they'll bring on yet another woman for Nick.

If Tognoni is coming to Y&R, it has to be as Victoria, since that has been circulating for a while now. Nelson did say on The Envelope that Y&R wanted her as Victoria a few weeks ago. If Heinle's cycle is up, they would have no hesitation firing her, pregnancy or not. Again, business is business.

• Members

Well, I guess we'll see. I personally would rather they made a deal with Bradley and got Heather Tom back, but I gather that is implausible because of some behind-the-scenes bad blood that I don't know about.

I have no emotional ties to Heinle...believe me...but I just don't see it. If Tognoni gives the role...I'll give her a chance. I won't even judge her on her first ten seconds of performance! :lol:

• Members

It's never gonna happen, we need to let it go. We don't even know if Heather wants to come back at this point.

It doesn't make sense for them to create a brand new character/recast a character and dish out the money for Tognoni when there's so many they're not using and so many they want to fire, reduce the salaries of, or bump to recurring.

If she plays her first 10 seconds as camp in a situation that's being taken seriously by other actors and her follow up episode shows no growth and is worse than when she started acting in daytime, you know she'll get it from me. :)

• Members

The show seems to have little interest in strong female characters, and much of the plot for the next year is likely going to be about Adam and Nick, so I think they just don't care about Victoria. If they do bring Gina in I have no idea what they will write for her.

• Members
What was there to live down? JFP and Guza obviously had no interest in writing for Lois.

And Kari Wuhrer may have been pregnant when she was fired, but she has no case because she was so unpopular with the fans anyway.

Now Laura Koffman on the other hand...

Archived