December 5-9, 2005

Toups

• Members

These people could have chose to watch NBC as easily as CBS/ABC, weird NBC didn't pick up on the ABC/CBS soaps steroid-week.

I like that the soaps went so up, even if I don't like most of the soaps, but the thing is they're gonna fall hard (CBS/ABC) next week in all likliehood with those jumps. It would be nice if they could maintain somewhat, but I doubt it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What I mean is that all soaps usually see big jumps-no matter what they have going on. The better the story the bigger the jumps with everyone home for the holidays and such. Everyone gets big jumps though and since Days is at a 2.6 it isn't unrealistic for it to reach a 3.5 or 3.6 by around new years week or so (especially given the spoliers I have read).

• Members

I was a big fan of the show but it continued its downward spiral. Now it is nowhere near what it once was. It is a shame because I watched the show faithfully for over 20 years.

IMO, GL doesnt deserve good ratings. They are putting out terrible storyines with characters we dont care about.

• Members

Yeah well we all know NBC soaps don't sit well with alot of people but I see your point. Who knows the people that chose to stay home or get snowed in might not have chosen to watch anything sicne their kids were home too. Those that did watch simply tuned into the CBS/ABC soaps. It isn't weird though sicne neither NBC show had anythign going on to attract other viewers who aren't regular viewers.

You could be right about the CBS/ABC soaps but I don't think so. Soaps always typically rise every week in December but maybe the first 2 weeks and this goes into early January (New Year's). They will either stay put where they are or increase or drop maybe a little only this time NBC will rise with it IMO. Just my thoughts though-you do know more then I do about this stuff.

• Members

Every soap will rise like that Chanel-you will see. They always do. Every soap except Passions and GL will be at 3.0 or higher. if it doesn't it would shock the industry.

As for Days ratings the fact that they have stayed the same and not lost viewers recently and have slowly regainded viewers in total viewers and other numbers means that the show is doing very well right now. The spoilers I have read sound good to me and to many other people but since I am aware you aren't enjoying the show and some of its stories and all I don't expect you to share my enthusiasm.

But that's ok-I am cool with that B) .

• Members

ok then, I respect your opinion. IA most soaps will rise into the 3.0 or higher, and I will defentiely be suprise if one of those soaps is DAYS. I know alot of people that aren't enjoying DAYS right now, and the ratings reflect this cause you would think bringing a fan-favorite like Christe Clarke would have risen DAYS to at least a 2.8.

With that said, I do think Days will rise for next week, cause its The Rolling Stone and Carrie and Austin are reuniting, but the highest I see them getting is a 2.9, if they get a 3.0 I guess its calls for a celebration. LOL We will have to wait and see what happen. Its nice of you to have faith in Days and you love you show. I love Days but its just not my "thing" right now.

• Members

Cameron...YOU may not care about the show or the characters. Which is fine. MOVE ON. I too have watched for over 20 years. I care about Reva and Josh, Dinah, Mallett, Harley, Gus, Frank, Buzz, Marina, Rick, Alex, Alan, Olivia and the rest that are on and will be on.

The show is not the same, you are right. Its good at times, its great and its bad. Like every show on TV. If you can not accept change then you should really do something else.

I am not sure why you constantly whine and cry about the show you dislike so much about. DO you really have nothing better to do? Not trying to be rude, but you just hit it everytime you can and I do not understand why.

• Members

Oh please :rolleyes:

You will see within the next few weeks when what I have said in this thread comes true. I mean it happens every year. Days was crap last year and somehow it still managed to get to 3.2 and this year it is better so it isn't unrealisitc for it to reach 3.5, this goes for any show. I don't care how bad some people think Days is alot of people are happy with it and if some of these stories go in the directions some spoliers suggest then a 3.5 may be be VERY realistic. Again not saying its a slam dunk for Days to reach that point but all soaps will go up and anyone around 2.5-3.0 will see themselves anywhere from 3.0-3.9 (or higher-cautious optimism) by around the second week of New Year's. Big stories will see the biggest gains but even if you do almost nothing but sign carols and say "Happy New Year" you will still see a big jump-its been proven. Once people go back to work and school, the ratings will swan dive and if a show has a good story they may be able to hold on to some of. Maybe.

Ok-I am cool with that :) .

• Members

I WILL CONTINUE to talk negatively about GL until changes are made. I do care for the characters you mentioned. You are the one who doesnt care. When in the freaking he%$ have we seen Rick and Alex on our screen? They have been reduced to NOTHING! It is a damn shame. Yet, we have a damn newbie who I could care less about on all the time.

And Gus...wish they would get rid of the character. I have never liked him.

Oh and I wont move on!

Archived