B&B Casting News

• Members

From SOD Breaking News Onlne

Fairchild Back On Soaps

Morgan Fairchild (ex-Sydney, THE CITY; ex-Jennifer SEARCH FOR TOMORROW) briefly returns to daytime to play Beverly Hills socialite, Dottie, who is friends with Stephanie (Susan Flannery) on BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL. In scenes that will air on August 10-14, Dottie will help instigate a fashion show competition between Forrester Creations and Jackie M.

Ok was there not someone in the last couple of weeks saying she should come to B&B?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Yep. That was Sylph pimping his homegirl out. Maybe Brad reads SON too?! :lol:

Please, for the love of God, keep her Brad. Just [!@#$%^&*] keep her. We need a good campy bitch on this show that will make something fun.

I'm glad she's playing someone other than herself, so if they decide to keep her, they can create an interesting backstory and weave her into the canvas.

• Members

They can get rid of Don Diamont, Heather Tom, Alley Mills, and anyone else to make this happen. Or even better, push Dottie into Eric's orbit and make her the new Forrester matriarch, especially if Susan Flannery decides to retire. ALSO, be smart, sign her to a three year deal with no outs, let her have a little bit of story control(even let her pick her own character's name, like she did with Sydney Chase on The City), and get her a personal driver if "Dottie" needs to be on-location in and around the LA area.

I was initially against this idea and I'm not totally going back on my words like some fanboys do. I still think it could be a colossal mistake, especially if Brad just decides one day he doesn't want to write for her and islands her like Felicia and Thorne. Then he would be blowing the budget and wasting potential.

But I really want this to happen. If not with Morgan, MTS, or my personal pick, Heather Locklear, then someone cheaper like Lauren Koslow. This show desperately needs a fun, vampy bitch!

• Members

She's a terrible actress, but perhaps she'll fit in well at B&B. I just finished her season of Falcon Crest and it was just terrible. She was bought on as a character with ties to no one and instead of developing them, she was thrown into her own story and dominated the entire season. Then she left and was never heard from again. What a waste of time.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 17 2009, 10:35 AM)
She's a terrible actress, but perhaps she'll fit in well at B&B. I just finished her season of Falcon Crest and it was just terrible. She was bought on as a character with ties to no one and instead of developing them, she was thrown into her own story and dominated the entire season. Then she left and was never heard from again. What a waste of time.

Wasn't she on Dallas too?? She played Jenna before Priscilla Presley did. I thought she was an awful Jenna.

• Members

It sounds like just a one-off -- like when Stephanie Beacham and Christopher Cazenove showed up at Jackie's boutique one day. But, dear lord, what I would LOVE to see her on contract! Kill off one of the Honeybears or Nick, if need be.

OTOH... Dottie? Jesus, Brad, she's not 90.

• Members

Seriously! I mean, if it had been the late, great Bea Arthur showing up for a couple of episodes, I could understand. Dorothy... Dottie.. a Golden Girl. But Morgan [!@#$%^&*] Fairchild is NOT a Dottie. She is a Sydney! A Hayley. A Miranda. Heck, even a Nora Tyler Bing.

• Members

Prescilla Presely fit the role much better, but MF has that certain something. She's glamor on a stick and will fit right in on B&B where there are a lot of weak actors and hardly anyone has the same glamor and sophistication that Morgan will bring to the show. In fact, that's why she didn't fit Jenna. Who would believe MF as a down and out waitress?

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 17 2009, 11:35 AM)

LOL I liked her on MyNetworkTV's Fashion House. She had her moments. Now if this was Bo Derek (another on FH) I would cry - she made me cringe and mute everytime she said or did anything on that show.

• Members
Oh COME ON!

Some of La Derek's delivery wasn't that bad. Her deadpan stuff worked with some of the dialogue.

Maria(about nail salon worker): "She doesn't speak English and even she knows the truth about you."

Maria(scolding a model): "You've been eating, I can tell!"

:wub:

• Members

Brad will keep her.

She's no great actress by all means but B&B has a smiliar style to Flamingo Road and hence I could see her clicking with the B&B mesh.

Unlike Stephanie Beacham or Charlton Heston she actually plays a character so I guess this one week stint is a test balloon. Kinda like Linda Gray showed up at B&B and Brad wanted to keep her which she declined but went on to pay sporadic visits.

Heather Tom, Don Diamont and probably Alley Mills (though she should be cheap) should start praying now that their contracts run through their next cycle or that Brad has still a need for them come August...

• Members

You got great taste.

And I know this for a fact because are tastes are very much alike. :lol:

Heather Locklear on B&B would be a dream come true - but even with Brad's resoruces she's still way too much expensive. She would probably demand a 2 mill salary a year for starters...

Archived