• Webmaster

"Sunset Beach" was partially produced by Spelling Television, which was absorbed by CBS. Don't think they'd be interested in any of it. 

I think with "Passions," NBC knows its a cult classic and is playing it up as long as it costs next to nothing. 

Before I read the context (didn't see your whole post outside of the sidebar preview on the front page), I was thinking you meant a supernatural "One Life to Live" spinoff would have been a good idea. With that said, yeah, I think Ron Carlivati is good for outlandish, supernatural-ish type programs moreso than the soaps that are on today. What I wish he would have done with "DAYS" was instead of playing old stories again, do the unexpected and make things more character based and more love and passion without pairing up rapists/murderers with heroins. Or rehashing dead, dead, dead, princess storylines, or resurrecting a respectfully dead character.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Couldn't stand her, or her boyfriend Cecil. I will concede that the writers were probably scrambling after Josh Ryan Evans' death and I'm sure there was a desire to keep the dynamic of Tabitha and a short/young companion. Ultimately, Kay ended up being Tabitha's best foil after Timmy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

For those that missed it, here it is in its entirety. I love that Deanna Wright made a surprise pop up visit, she literally has been out of public since the show ended so it was nice to see her today. Also, loved McKenzie Westmore calling BS on her character ending up with Antonio haha! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MelsEW_5Vk4&t=316s

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I’m watching 2000 Passions. It is pretty darn addictive. I love how funny it is. Using Tabitha/Timmy as a Greek chorus is pretty brilliant. Also, you don’t even notice how little plot movement there is because there are all these awesome side quests like Tabitha getting turned into a fish. The individual episodes have really good script writing and seem like they have a lot going on in them. Idk how exactly to describe it, but Reilly had it down to a science of how to make it seem like the plot was moving when it wasn’t.

Currently I’m in the summer. I’d totally forgotten Maureen McCormick was in this as Gwen’s mother. All I can see is Marcia, Marcia, Marcia, unfortunately. The episode I ended with tonight had Charity picking mushrooms to poison Miguel, lollll.