• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Michael Fairman reports that PASSIONS is coming to Universal Studios Hollywood with a red carpet screening of the reunion documentary. How cool for PSNS fans in the LA area: https://michaelfairmantv.com/passions-reunion-documentary-to-screen-at-universal-studios-for-one-night-only/2020/01/14/

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Riverdalefan1

• Members

It's great to hear that. This was not a soap for everyone's tastes, and I along with many others are still disgusted by how cavalierly issues like rape were treated. Still, Passions carved out its own unique niche in the world of soaps. I truly think the beginning of the end was the tragic loss of Josh Ryan Evans. He took with him much of the heart of the show. Tabitha (and by extension, Juliet Mills) certainly was never the same without her favorite sidekick. Am I the only one who feels this way?

• Members

Yes, definitely. The show just could not re-create the magic, no matter how hard they tried. I re-watched a few episodes from the mid-2000s and found myself thinking how pointless it was to saddle Tabitha with Baby Endora (and her speech bubbles).

• Members

Ron Carlivati recently revealed on Twitter that he proposed a vampire spin off for OLTL in 2008 that would’ve been called OLTL: Resurrection. Obviously it didn’t happen but that furthers my thinking that Ron would’ve been a good replacement after Jim’s passing had the show got a 10th season.