Hogan Sheffer: That 17-week sabbatical

• Members

I remember a lot about that ATWT sabbatical, the whole sequence of events as they developed...

However, could someone remind me why did he in the end leave? I mean, was the true, real reason ever made public? I am particularly interested in that whole 2-year story plan that was vetoed by the higher-ups. Does anyone know anything about that? Perhaps some details about those stories?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There were reports that he was fired. Then there were reports that he demoted himself. The overall conscensus was that he was just demoted by P&G.

Some did say he thought being head writer was too much but then he turned around and took the head writer job at Days and did the judging for Soap Star on the side so I never bought those rumors.

There was the illness issue too.

Then there was the rumor that he got mad about the story proposal and walked off. Didn't come to work for a few days as he was pouting. They demoted him and let him finish out his contract doing breakdowns or something like that. They said that he thought as a 3 time Emmy winner at that time he should have free reign.

Who knows what really happened there? Right now only P&G, Goutman, and Sheffer. There have been way too many rumors about it and each camp always paints it in the favor of the one they support.

Archived