GH: Quatermaines Dropping Like Flies

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally, I think Guza hates ME because he brought not-Emily back of all the characters he COULD bring back. We need Dillon, Ned - who has reunited with Lois, and Brooke Lynn to come back and join Edward, Tracy, and Monica. The writers need to convert some of the mob stories to CORPORATE stories and have the Q's defending their fortune.

• Members

in the 90s, the Quartermaines were at their finest during social relevance stories: Monica's breast cancer, Alan's addiction, even Alan's mentoring role in the HIV storylines

so I'd suggest a similar, realistic story where Edward develops Alzheimer's disease: it would be an excellent showcase for John Ingle and as Edward loses his memories and makes peace with his friends, enemies, and life, they could fold in the various missing Quartermaines: Jimmy Lee (and his family), Celia (and her family... I don't remember now whether she ended up with Grant, Jimmy Lee, or someone else), Dylan, Ned, Brook Lynn and Aisha Ward.

Guza would never go for it, but I'd have Jason hit his head again and regain his Quartermaine memories. I'm not saying I'd turn him back into old Jason, but robot mob Jason has pretty much run his course.

I'd also find a way to bring back Alan or AJ or both: I've posted before that my fantasy for the show would be that Sonny is a villain after all, and has been keeping Alan and AJ alive somewhere. Bring A&A back and write Sonny out. Allow the town to deal with the fallout from that--this could put Alexis and Carly and Sonny's various children on the frontburner too

• Members

What I have never understood is the big Quartermaine being the center of the show from fans.

The Quartermaines came on in the 70's with just 3 members - Alan, Edward & Lila. Soon they added Tracy.

Okay for years the Quartermaine family members came and went.

Tracy left, came back, left, came back, etc.

Celia came in and left

Jimmy Lee came in and left

Alexandra came in and left

And so on and so on and so on.

The Quartermaine's have always been a revolving door with only 3 stable members - Edward, Lila and Alan.

Through the passage of time it was clear that Edward and Lila would leave. Edward would have done been gone if they had stuck with the orginal actor but they didn't and hired a younger actor to play him - not once but twice.

I love the Quartermaine's as much as everyone but they are not the be all and end all of families on GH.

If you want to get upset - get upset about the Hardys. Look at what happened to them. Or even to the Webber's an extended family of the Hardy's.

That's where the crime was at on GH.

But remember even with them, GH was never designed to be a show centered around one family in the first place. That was not the way GH was designed and it shouldn't ever be that way.

• Members

i agree Killing Alan was the biggest mistakes ever....if i was writing id have Helena faked his entire death him and emily and Aj. as she has some sort of vendetta against them. nobody would mind cause its a soap opera. id love it.

• Members

Jimmy Lee ended up with Charity Gatlin, out of town. Not sure what happened to Celia.

I think you mean Keesha Ward, but she was not a Quartermaine. Justus was the only Ward who was established as a Quartermaine, but Justus was also said to have two sisters. Keesha was his cousin, so she was not a biological descendant of Bradley Ward, Edward's illegitimate son.

But, I'm still not clear on whether Justus's sisters were full sisters or half-sisters. I'm fuzzy on details now, but it WAS established that Bradley Ward was killed fairly young, so it might have been after fathering Justus, and the sisters might have come from Justus's mother remarrying. If they ALL were fathered by Bradley, then that's one hell of a missed opportunity because that means there are more African-American Quartermaines out there...

• Members

I think they need to have Monica meet an Alan doppleganger and leave town with him. I don't care if it's cliched, it would at least be a wink to her relationship with Alan and Monica could go with some dignity.

Then Ned and Brook Lynn return to town, and they live in the mansion with Tracy and Edward. Maybe a Quartermaine cousin can move in eventually.

• Members

I believe that they were established as being Bradley's daughters and Justus' full sisters (and therefore Edward's granddaughters) and I've read that one of them Faith appeared either for Edward's trial for Bradley's murder or for her father's funeral. Apparently Faith decided that she didn't want to have anything to do with the Qs...

Speculation here but I'm thinking Labine wanted to establish that Justus did indeed have sisters so there'd be an opening to expand the Ward family later on down the line but circumstances (Rosalind Cash dying, Labine leaving) meant that this didn't happen.

I think though that it would be neat if one day one of Faith's children turned up wanting to know the Qs...they could then have Faith on with Faith blaming Edward for what happened to Justus over the years.

Archived