Another World

• Members

I believe Tanquir was first described as a tropical island on AW, when the location was used in one of Cecile's capers (maybe 1984-ish?).   Previous to that it had been a Middle-Eastern stand-in for Saudi Arabia on both AW and Texas.  

I don't remember Quint and Nola's version of Tanquir, because I wasn't watching GL at that time. In fact, this is the first time I've ever heard Tanquir was used on GL.

No, it was not one head-writer going from show to show using Tanquir.   William and Joyce Corrington were the head-writers of Texas when the location was first used on AW in the lead-up to Texas, so that was their creation.   On GL, Doug Marland and Pam Long wrote for Quint and Nola, so either Marland or Long was responsible for Tanquir on GL.  And I don't know who was writing AW, when Tanquir was part of Cecile's plot -- but it was not Marland, Long, or the Corringtons.   

Edited by Neil Johnson

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh would be so nice to see how Cecile lived in Tanquir LOL, they could have created a storyline in which some characters went there and we could actually see it, the best opportunity was when Cecile kidnapped Cass, wouldn't it be easier for her to take him there?

• Members

The point of the kidnapping was that she needed to get pregnant to provide her husband with an heir. I think both the king and his people were supposed to believe the baby was the king's so she couldn't very well flaunt Cass all over Tanquir. It probably also saved money on sets and cast not having to have the royal palace. She managed on a shoestring with Ving Rhames and Walt Willey. 

• Members

Ugh, it is just like those darn Matthews to think they are better than a woman who was the actual Queen of Tanquir!.  I mean, just because Lenore was able to have her wedding at the country club doesn't mean that she's classier than the daughter of a European Countess.  Cecile may have been married a few times, but at least she didn't leave her scarves in the apartments of unsavory men. (lol)

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

I do wish Robert Cenedella’s run on AW hadn’t been wiped. The small amount of audio clips from that time left me wanting more lol

The Wayne Addison saga and then Lenore’s murder trial and Walter keeping the secret that he was the killer all sounds so great and soapy, despite what Lemay said about it in his book.