Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It is the end of this episode (might be a mashup of two)

More of the fall and the aftermath from the next day is visible here (starting at roughly 44:00)

There is also more of the initial confrontation between Nikos, Carl, Felicia and Rachel a bit earlier at roughly 40:20

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

I don't think VW bothered to submit herself for Emmy consideration after a certain point. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case with Beverlee as well -- I don't know how any Emmy voter could have looked at a scene with her and thought, "Nah, she doesn't merit attention."

If not, it's an exact double. 

• Members

I think that Victoria Wyndham and Beverlee McKinsey's nominations in 1978 and 1979 canceled each other out by the Academy voters.  The ironic thing was that in both those years, they were beat by another AW actress that was nominated in the lead actress category.  Laurie Heineman as Sharlene Frame in 1978 and Irene Dailey as Liz Matthews in 1979.

i can think of 3 distinct times that Wyndham should have at least been nominated for an Emmy: in 1989-90 for the reveal of Iris as the Chief, Mac's death and aftermath, and her showdown with Vicky right before the Cory Publishing board meeting; in 1992-93 if she submitted herself for supporting actress, which she was, for Felicia's alcoholism storyline and the scene where she confronts Felicia at her intervention she would have won that Emmy- it was excellent; in 1993-94 where she leaves Bay City after everyone believed that Mac was part of the crooked rainforest deal, moves to New York City under her maiden name Rachel Davis, befriends Loretta, and is romanced by Carl.

The 1995 scenes as Rachel and Justine would not have gotten her a nomination because Justine was so over the top and such a cartoonish villain.