Another World

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Her early 90s hair style (1992 to 1993) worked well with her more business wardrobe.

I think her mid to late 90s wardrobe was meant to show Rachel returning to her 70s artistic roots..but the hair differed (it looked more wig like then her 70s hair).

I do admit she did rock the 80s hair quite nicely though.

• Members

@Xanthe The clip you reposted on the wedding attire thread is remarkable  Two weddings and a horse all in the same episode?!?  The production was very ambitious in Brooklyn back in the day.

Also, given how great they looked together, it was a shame that Sally and Jamey couldn't be paired, given their mother's animus it would have been very Romeo and Juliet.

• Members

I'm reeling a bit at the thought of Sally and Jamie but I am not sure whether I like the idea. I loved both characters but putting them together would deprive both Catlin and MJ. Maybe, possibly, if there had to be Brittany and Catlin had to stray, and Peter was being an [expletive deleted], and Stephen Yates stayed, and there was never any Lesoleil, I could have enjoyed a scenario where Catlin's infidelity drove Sally into Jamie's arms.

Thinking about how vivid and interesting the 1984 wedding costumes were (not only Henrietta/Roy and Sally/David but also Cecile/Peter), and comparing them to how blah I thought Catlin and Sally's 1985 wedding was, I am wondering what changed. Did the wardrobe department get replaced? Were they creating pizzazz for 2 weddings because they were meant to be disasters rather than romantic? Were they dressing Sally down because Catlin was not wealthy? Or did the budget get slashed in 1985 and they were pinching pennies?

There was a lot of activity in the stables in 1984 -- not only did Catlin give riding lessons to Kevin at the Corys and work for Donna, but there was also some scheme Carl had where he disguised a racehorse or something. They might not have had a horse every day but they definitely had them regularly. (Didn't Steve's Australian daughter also do a lot of riding in her day?)

Edited by Xanthe
language!

• Members

Nice interview today w/ Linda Dano.  She has a new iPhone so the connection was much better than the last time.  Dano stays in touch w/ Robin Christopher and Matt Crane.  Does anyone know if they are still acting ?  Would love for Locher to interview those two -- they were always so gorgeous.

• Members

@amybrickwallace & @Xanthe My Jamie/Sally shipping was based on that one scene.  Steve was dead by the time Alice adopted Sally, and in fact there was a plot point about Alice's ability to adopt as a single woman, then the Gordans showed up almost immediately.  However, Sally met Steve before his death and they reconnected when Steve returned from the dead, and Jamie reestablished his relationship with Steve after Mac suggested adopting Jamie right before he found out that Sandy was his son.  So, while I understand the objection, I like Stephen Yates and Mary Page Keller's chemistry (although when one thinks of their sometimes wooden co-stars, either actor would have chemistry with most actors).

Also, while I recall the number of scenes in the barn, the fact that they had an actual horse on set amazed me.

Edited by j swift