Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

maybe… i heard from a former soap journalist (and a huge aw fan) that goutman wanted to bring back beverlee mckenzie for the finale, but pgp said no.  

figuring that pgp was still smarting from beverlee’s abrupt gl departure a few years earlier. always wondered if incident this played any role in goutman’s behavior when atwt sent off the air. 

• Members

Chris Rich was asked back for the 25th anniversary episodes in 1989 but declined.  Not sure if he was asked back again for the Maggie story.

The talk at the time was that P&G refused to let her return for the final episode as they were still pissed that she got one over on them at GL.

• Members

According to the AWHP, Cecile was there in May 1993 and Sandy in June & July, so there was no overlap. According to Wikipedia Nancy Frangione and Chris Rich divorced in 1996. Hard to say when they might have separated. 

Cecile was also onscreen between October 1995 and June 1996. 

• Members

I may be wrong but I doubt it.
First she was never a sentimental kind of person and mentioned several times that her roles were just that. I don't think she felt the kind of emotional connection with the show that made someone like Julianne Moore want to go back.
Also considering how much she said she regretted doing her Myrna stint on GH, that she did just for the money, I don't think even good money (and doubtful good money would have been available even if PG had said yes) would have convinced her.
Would have been fun though although considering the level of judgement at NBC daytime at that time, we would have would have had a scene of her with the gorilla.