Another World

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah. He talked about it on the Locher Room.

Apparently, Hill physically assaulted Wynne Miller and Nic Coster then threatened him if he ever did anything like that again. They were both fired, but one day Nic Coster ran into Paul Rauch at the studio and offered him the chance to bring Robert back to AW.

• Members

Frankly, I think it's a combination of both. 

I think Harney might have been more accepted by the audience if she had come aboard as another, new character, but the longtime audience never warmed up to her as Alice. Even Harding Lemay, who vocally derided Jacqueline Courtney at every opportunity, admitted that although he continued to focus on Alice when Harney played the role, her version of the character never gained the popularity that Courtney had engendered. Courtney simply had an indefinable "star quality" that the viewers reacted strongly to.

Ahh, Paul Rauch, another producer with an atrocious reputation.

Please register in order to view this content

He fired Coster from AW, too.

• Members

I thought I remembered this incident in the book but when I hunted for it all I found was an incident where a "Napoleonic" producer was bullying Alice Hirson, Coster stood up to him, and that led to Coster's being fired from Somerset and hired at AW.

Apparently for habitually not bothering to learn his lines.

I would very much like to know the name of the "little twerp of a kiss-ass actor" who remonstrated with Coster for accusing Beverlee McKinsey of being more concerned about the script than the emotions in their performance on the day of the Mac-bust-smashing.

• Members

Only time Lemay admitted he was wrong without admitting it.

Thankfully, there is footage of most of her stint on OLTL, her 1 year return to AW, and her 2 1989 visits to prove she had a natural, low key acting style.

Lemay seemed to want a more dramatic theater style of acting..while JC had a more subtle style.

The few scenes of her 1970s work on AW showed she had ability, just not in the manner that Lemay wanted.  

And the one 1964 episode showed a more free spirited Alice...talking about boys, and seemed more Rachel esque to me...imho