Another World

• Members

That would be great if you would ask Jackie's daughter.

I emailed UCLA today about the soap episodes in their collection and asked if they will available at some point to be viewed. The person in charge responded that they have no legal rights to distribute them and the copyright holders would have to give their consent.

Some actors do save their work. Janice Lynde posted clips of her Y&R work as Leslie Brooks not too long ago.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In a box of memorabilia somewhere, I have a magazine interview with Jacqueline Courtney in which she said that she had had kinescopes made of important, significant scenes from her run on AW. It would be nice to know these vintage episodes still existed somewhere, if only in Courtney's daughter's possession.

• Members

Material from the episode in which Rachel tells Alice the truth about the baby is only available on audio CD, as far as I know. I got my copy from the AW website. Eddie also has many other audio CDs with a ton of great material from the 1960s and 1970s, including a 1971 Christmas episode.

While I loathe how Rauch butchered so many of the soaps he produced, I doubt the story about him being responsible for destroying all the old tapes is true. P&G routinely erased all their soaps up until about 1978 or so, with only occasional episodes from here or there surviving.

• Members

I downloaded the DVD from Eddie's AW website that has the classic stuff like Walter & Lenore's 1968 wedding and the 1974 Steve/Alice/Rachel fragments. There are some 1964 episodes, but they have that camera turned sideways at a monitor.

Speaking of Judith Barcroft, I read an online interview she did about 5 years ago. When told that most AW episodes were destroyed, she said she knows for a fact that several of her directors saved episodes, but they have all died. I wonder what their relatives did with that material ?

• Members

Yes I have read that directors/actors had tapes made of various episodes so I am sure there is more stuff out there.

I also wonder about soaps produced outside of P&G.We know most of The Doctors exist.Maybe 20th Century Fox has Best of Everything and Return to Peyton Place?

Then there are the tapes that were sent to other countries,particularly Australia.Maybe sitting in a box somewhere??

• Members

That's interesting about tapes being sent to other countries. I hope someone out there uncovers it.

I read that Days and Y&R have intact runs. Some episodes of Days may be in b&w kinescope format only.

I think Bill Bell and Kay Alden made sure Y&R was archived. Kay said in an interview that CBS or somebody was going to toss some stuff and she put a stop to it. I don't know if she meant video, scripts, story outlines or what.