Another World

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thanks for that info. I got it from a fan who likewise has them all & is rewatching for about their 7th time & was to be investigated. They must be wrong. Also people continue to suggest star billing on EON which I have not found. And, people seem to think Morgan Fairchild had it for The City which I've also not found. I suspect that comes from the promotional photo with her standing in front of the left side of the logo. 

Oh, and @Vee  I suspect you're a much too intelligent person to just spout the glib stuff you do about me. I post & you knee jerk go SPLAT. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
Vee

• Members

That is what you said. By my count I said 5 things that are correct & 1 thing that is in dispute & will not be included despite being offered in good faith as info. Yes, pretty usual for me in that I say a great many correct things. No, not COMPLETELY INCORRECT. 

1. I hope no one ever get confused & thinks you have any insight at all into how I think. 

2. I do not spam.

3. You don't have to live with me at all. If you don't like it, put me in a kill file & be free of me forever. I promise it won't hurt my feelings. 

• Members

The sublime Beverlee McKinsey on fighting to get soap opera actors credited billing in the openings, which she secured for herself on the… | Instagram

The brilliant Adam T. Ghani posted this today. So, perhaps Beverlee herself was the source, right or wrong, and we should respect her fight for proper credit

Edited by j swift

• Members

That's Beverlee's "City Lights" interview. I thought I had posted the link to it here previously. Scott made it available to me & said that I could share it. He calls it her most candid interview. It is wonderful! I completely respect her & what she had her people fight for. Scott's seen the correction & agrees with it. And agrees as I have said that her billing is singular, distinct, different & better. If she was the source of the misinformation, I am sure it was unintentional. 

• Members

Of course it was unintentional.  But her statement should not go down in history as being correct, when it clearly is not.  She obviously worked hard for everything she got, but she was not the first daytime actor to receive star billing.  She was the last.  That's all I'm saying.  It doesn't mean I do not respect Beverlee.  

• Members

Of course, I would never infer your comments as disrespectful, and I know how much you value valid historical documentation of soap history.

It was just remarkable timing that the exact issue being discussed was commented upon by the actress herself in an unrelated posting on Instagram. 

I confess that I am a sucker for any actor's performative dynamism of simultaneous benevolence and braggadocio.  Such as her spin that she didn't want star billing for only herself, but to set a precedent for every actor in daytime.  But, did anyone else feel like she was making a subtle dig at Victoria Wyndham?

Edited by j swift

• Members

I don't think you are being disrespectful. Nor am I. I intend the correction to go forward. As a matter of fact I just submitted a new paragraph to her IMDb page, Trivia section. Discussion here today helped me word what I said. I feel like it will be accepted. I'll know in just a few days.

What it said before: 
McKinsey's character, Iris Cory Carrington Delaney Bancroft, on Another World (1964-1999) proved so popular that she was made the star of the soap's spin-off series, Texas (1980-1982) . McKinsey remains the only star on daytime television to be given star billing in a soap opera.
What I changed it to: 
McKinsey's character, Iris Cory Carrington Delaney Bancroft, on Another World (1964-1999) proved so popular that she was made the star of the soap's spin-off series, Texas (1980-1982) . McKinsey's star billing is singular & distinct. In it Narrator Ken Roberts announces at the end of the theme song, "Texas, starring Beverlee McKinsey," and there is a picture of the actress and the visual "Starring Beverlee McKinsey" graphic near the Texas state flag in the logo. Others before her had star billing but none have since hers.

Well, he could have seen my correction & posted her "City Lights" interview because of it. 

No, actually I thought she was indicating an appreciation of Victoria & a kinship & some inkling of friendship. What exactly did you think was a dig? 

• Members

Because we've got interest in it, I will further share, in the last published version, this is the last paragraph. It's included because people submit these shows, thinking they remember them having star billing. As I'm sure you can tell I am revising this currently. I appreciate the info here today about DS. It confirms what I found last year. 

NONE FOUND: No above-the-title billing, or starring credit lines, etc. were found to be used in the following: ATWT - Eileen Fulton, EON - Donald May, DS - Alexandra Moltke, DS - Jonathan Frid, on LIAMST, for Morgan Fairchild on The City, or for Daytime to Remember. Also none found EF's spin-off, Our Private World. Double-checked other openings of CITY & DS, all nothing. Last & double-checked EON, still nothing.