Another World

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I believe Ada's late in life daughter, Nancy, was born while Nancy Wickwire was working in California and ill with cancer.  The story goes that Connie Ford requested Ada's baby be named Nancy, in honor of Wickwire.   I don't know if the two were still a couple at that time, or at the time of Wickwire's death.   

• Members

From what i know from Bev's portrayal (what's kinda little mostly from Texas where they say she was watered down) she kinda would but not screaming like that she would probably use that condensending tone of voice like i don't like you but you're not important enough for me to scream, but i saw many scenes where Bev's iris didn't pass a possibility to leave a few one-liners and putdowns

BTW recently i realized that Audrey Hepburn Shares her Birthday with AW wouldn't it be nice if she made a tenure even if small on the show? What Character would you have her playing (i mean from characters that actually existed) 

someone mentioned "The Secret Garden" recently is that it? what were they planning with this????

• Members

I strongly disliked the Lesoleil storyline for introducing too many new characters whose only personality appeared to be foreign = exotic. Nancy's drug storyline might have been stronger if the crowd of preppies had also had more distinct individual personalities. 

I do like Cass and Kathleen being nosy together. Lesoleil had a whole thing about both a physical makeover and some kind of new age getting in touch with one's emotions. I would be very interested in seeing the episode with Kathleen's "visualization" as they called it, only because they showed a picture of her then-dead mother long before Denise Alexander had been cast, and it would amuse me to see how they portrayed her. 

I don't recall that they spent any time on Sally's visualization, but on the understanding that I despised the whole idea of the Lesoleil Woman, I think Sally's crimped hair and gold dress did not do anything to elevate the concept. 

• Members

I have not found it, but for what it's worth, keep in mind that the wedding will likely have started on the Friday May 2 even if the ceremony continues/concludes on the Monday. Most successful soap weddings I can think of treat the first appearance of the bride about to come down the aisle as the Friday cliffhanger.

• Members

Ironic how we were just discussing Stephen Schenkel's run as EP and how messy it was and now Eddie Drueding is re-uploading episodes and clips from that time period 

Please register in order to view this content

I do like how the show was able to get Liberace to play the piano at Felicia and Zane's wedding though.

• Members

This episode is from the day of Catlin and Sally's first wedding with Mary Page Keller still in the role. (They got through the ceremony and went on their honeymoon without knowing it wasn't legal because his first wife was still alive.)

I have watched the credits a couple of times and unless I am missing something, they do not include Sharon Gabet as Brittany, even though the character had been appearing for a few weeks at this point and indeed in this episode was frantically trying to get to the church to stop the wedding. Patrick Tovatt is there as Zane. Surely she was under contract and even if she didn't have spoken dialog she would have signed dialog.