Another World

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Denise Alexander was a bright spot, but the character of Mary was dragged down by her association with Reginald. If Reginald had been more nuanced, or if Denise Alexander had played a different character (Jake's mother who starts a romantic relationship with Vince?) I would have been happier. 

• Members

I tried to tell myself that Considine was a well respected fellow but I didn't fool myself much. It didn't get really good till we got to have Vince & Mary & Mary's Place and, of course, I needed Anna Stuart back in town! Then, Dano provided sightgag humor with those appalling hair extensions!

• Members

Denise Alexander should have played Missy Matthews, Liz's former daughter in-law.    Missy's son, Ricky, could have come along with the package.   That would have provided more meaty stuff for Liz to play (since Liz intensely disliked Missy, but loved Ricky).   They could have paired Missy with both Jason Frame and Vince McKinnon -- two men Liz would never have approved of.   And Ricky, just a bit older than Jamie, could have mixed with the younger crowd and found a woman equally distressing to Liz.   

Reginald Love was AW's version of Stefano Dimera, but without the European class.  Reginald's moustache-twirling was literal. Poorly written and acted with campy humor.   Reginald did not belong on a believable soap-opera like AW.   

• Members

I loved '86! Probably because imo Cecile was a Queen!  Nancy Frangione was so underrated and Cecile was such a fun character. 

I do think the show was making another attempt to go after DAYS viewers (as it often did at times). From bringing on Denise Alexander who was once popular on DAYS, to making Reginald the Stefano, to the over-the-top Cecile as Queen, the "young love" Marley/Jake. I think these were all moves to go after DAYS viewers. I thought the show was on the right track until it got hit with the mass exodus in the fall. Marley/Jake/Vicky, Cecile/Cass/Kathleen, Donna, Brittany all gone after driving most of the story. The show definitely faltered. 

• Members

I think Denise A was a bit too old to play Missy... but I think she could worked as Liz's daughter Susan Matthews and could have moved into the Matthews house.. and started to date Vince, who loved her unconditionally.

Reginald could have been a patient of hers (since Susan was a therapist).. and she could have been caught between him and Vince... and she could have viewed Cheryl as a surrogate daughter since her adopted daughter Julia had been murdered a few years earlier.

• Members

Mitch Blake on the AWHP

Janice Frame Poisoning Mac & St. Croix Janice Frame Poisoning Mac & St. Croix

Rachel & Mitch St. Croix

Oct. 1979 to March 1980 - to review Janice poisioning Mac, Mitch helping, culminating in St. Croix remote shoot

Edited by Tonksadora
Add date range

• Members

I believe Sharon wanted off the show earlier than her contracted term because she was pregnant and found the abusive storyline between Peter and Brittany to be draining. She has said in interviews that the commute to Brooklyn didn't help. I think she wanted to focus on herself and her baby and the show let her out of her contract.

• Members

Thank you!. So good, but I want more. How did Peter find out about Kevin? Did Sally break up with him in order to prevent him from finding out, or did he dump her? 

Noticed Holland Taylor in the credits, but her scene was not included.

• Members

I looked through the 1983 synopses. Peter started to suspect something was up with Sally when she kept putting off marrying him. Eventually, Sally confessed everything to him. Peter then broke the engagement because of all the secrets that she kept. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I would love to see these episodes. I missed most of it at the time (I remember the Cory double wedding and Jeanne's death) and the next thing I knew Sally was engaged to David and taking Kevin for riding lessons with Catlin/Josh.