Another World

• Members

Well, since NBC's stance was that they either wanted to change AW into a DOOLjr or run it off or kill it & they'd been actively trying to destroy the show, also tried to wrest Victoria away & kill Rachel off, etc. that would've been a character changing move by the network. P&G's stance was trying to keep NBC from killing the show.

Okay, I'm confused. I recall Victoria telling me that they had been told that they were bringing them a HW who would write romance & their being cautiously optimistic. And, I thought that who that ended up being was Jean Passanante & that the "romance" she brought them was Lumina & that was another disappointing blow to the cast, etc. And, I also further thought that Amanda & Cameron's love story was "The Secret Garden" not Lumina at all but a second storyline. IMO, the only good thing at that time was the Lumina Ball because who can resist a costume ball?

Adding: And the only other thing I knew about Lumina was that NBC pushed it.

Please register in order to view this content

Here's the handpainted headdress Shawn Reeves did for Felicia for the Lumina Ball. If only the stupid story had been as fabulous as the headdress!

Edited by Tonksadora
Add in NBC.

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, well, Passanante is said to be strong in writing romance, too. And, that they were co-HW, itself, makes it make sense. Also with two of them with the same bent, it's easy to see how they could get the Lumina plate spinning & then start up "The Secret Garden" for Amanda & new guy!  Vicky said that, too, that she was promised that they would really write for Cory family members.

Edited by Tonksadora
typo

• Members

One, no, that's not the way I think at all, but it's no surprise that you do not know how I think because you do not know me.

Two, I was here years ago & I'm here now. I wasn't here in between. And I do take beats, regularly. I think most people do. Now, I don't want to have a conflict. I edited the post you found offensive because you found it offensive, but there's nothing going on to make a big thing of.

• Members

ok so my initial idea was just to leave this vid here because it's the Donna on the hall of mirrors and i always wanted to see it so i thought i might leave it in case someone else was curious too

But i read the most recent discussion a real pity, i was revisiting the Perrinis just about a week ago even found footage with Maeve as Angie, Ray was sweet and handsome in the role, very good actor since he was that young, it's an enormous pity he passed, now i'm kinda sorry for Maeve too, she lost yet another colleague on such short time

• Members

Ray Liotta, RIP, They Started on Soaps

XGCC1YLB_bigger.jpg

Starting out in NY in 1981 I was on Another World with Ray for a year. I was 25 playing a 25 yr old detective. He was 26 playing a teenager! He was totally believable. Gone too soon RIP Ray Liotta.
Edited by Tonksadora