Daytime Roles that should be reacst

• Members

AMC-

Bianca - How can anyone care about her? she comes and goes too much. Get an actress who will commit.

Colby - she could eb a great young heroine oir vixen or combo if the actress could pull off the role.

Days-

Jeremy, Mike, Abby, Jenn - Thios show has done a great thing by shifting focus off the long overexposed Bradys and onto the Kiriakis family. Now its time to rebuild the Hortons!

Jonah - Days could use a hot AA male to mix it up.

Y&R-

Abby - Should be so complex and layered. Not a one note valley girl. SDure spoiled rich, but she needs to be a bitch, not a brat. She should embody her mother and her father as well as brad who raised her.

Scotty, Nate, Philip - Cast these young men to give Olivia, Lauren, and Nina something to do! Personally, Devon and Kevin can go to make room if thats needed.

Colleen - The actress just isnt working., She doesnt carry any fire and passion thats needed for this role.

Tyra - if you want a heroine you need to recast. If you want evil take her there and IMHO EM could pull it off.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh. I'd add Eden to this. With each new appearance, the actress' limitations get clearer.

Between this and your invoking she-who-must-not-be-named in an AMC spoiler thread...you're itching for conflict, eh?

But don't forget that your three new young men could each (all??) serve as viable love interests for Rafe!

I agree. I think JT, Victoria and Colleen should be a MAJOR show-stopping triangle. But at least two sides of that are weak, weak, weak. Imagine someone closer to a grown-up Colleen (more in the Fonseca mode) doing battle with a fierce Heather Tom (the one true Victoria). That would be must-see.

Let her go. It seems like, happily, they are reinventing Neil. Let him find new partners on his new adventure. Ana and Tyra are legally together. They should go back to the west coast with Devon, and the three of them should try to save Yolanda off canvas.

Then, into the breach, beef up Olivia, bring back Nate...and we have the start of something...seasoned with regular visits from (IMO) both Della Reese and Aunt Mamie. (Though I prefered Marguerite Ray).

• Members

Eden just needs to die with kevin, jana, jeff, and gloria.

Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. Lauren Woodland. :wub::P

And sure they all could, it would be even better if one or two was bi. But i wasnt talking about letting Kevin and Devon go to free up romantic room. Because they really dont take any romantic room away. More canvas room.

Without a doubt.

Whoever would have thought Thad would be the strongest part in a triangle? Im not bashing him at all, i personally love him, but i know hes pretty much hated here.

I agree, but they seem hellbent on keeping her and pimping her to make us love her.

• Members

Okay, I'm just not gonna discuss this :). Well, just a little.

Seriously, I'd be fine with Eden getting a secret communication from her dad and taking off. That said, I'd LIKE to have Michael have a relatable young "daughter figure". That could work. But the actress would have to be stronger, and he'd need more screen time with her.

Jana can die. I like Ms. O'Brien a lot, but I think a free-and-despondent Kevin opens up interesting possibilities. And they could play such an amazing Love Story beat before she dies.

Jeff should never have been created. I think Shackleford does wonders with it, but this is the most dislikable character on daytime. Love the actor, HATE the character (like Dee Deee hates Cane).

Kevin and Gloria. Leave my F-Bs alone!

• Members

Hands down, across all the soaps, Colby at AMC. I don't even watch most of the shows but I know that no other show is placing the future in their show in an ingenue who can't encapsulate the character, is too old for the part, and doesn't evoke any emotion whatsoever.

As for Randi, shouldn't they just get rid of the character before thinking about a recast? I've never had major issues with Denise, but this seems to me to make the most sense.

Once again, I have no issue with her, but why not just ditch her entirely? OLTL's cast of recurring characters is EXTREMELY bloated. They're not using Justin, who's on contract, to interact with Matthew. Just make them a gay couple and be done with it.

Archived