AMC: TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009

• Members

But here's the problem. David, again, is NOT Ray Gardner.

David's history and character do not make him a physical abuser. David is more of a mental manipulator. He plays mind games and distorts truths and facts to get people to do what he wants. Let's be real, here. What world famous cardioSURGEON would risk his hands by physically abusing anyone? That's one of the reasons why I dislike Tad's constant assaults on David... because he knows that David won't fight back due to the fact that David's livelihood and brilliance resides in his hands.

From the way Tad just automatically assumed from Krystal's bruise that David hit her shows that people are just hoping to pin something ELSE on David the Scapegoat. I'm not saying this because I think David is innocent, but let's be real... these ass-holes antagonize David, obsess over David and build their lives around "sticking it to" David that no matter what they do, they'll wind up creating a situation just to have something to hate him about.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Forget about Tad. My post wasnt about him. Look at it from Opal's POV. She's a woman thats been abused. She's a woman thats made excuses for her husband's horrific actions. She sees Krystal who has been manipulated and used for months show up with a bruise on her face from a man that she knows is no good. Its a natural reaction for her to assume that David hit her. Krystal didnt do a good job at dissuading this thought with the way she was making excuses and fumbling over her words. I can totally see why Opal would fear for her and I liked that she pointed out that even though she doesnt like her, that no woman deserves to live in fear and thats exactly what Krystal is living. She doesnt look like someone thats happy to me. Her life is a mess and its only going to get worse unless she gets out now before its too late. Opal has been there. She was trying to warn her before David has another "accident" with her

• Members

I am not going to look at anything regarding KWAK from Opal's point of view. I can't. You can't degrade someone, get on a witness stand to testify against them to help take their toddler child away and then start offering words of wisdom because you think she's battered. It's all fake! KWAK came over and gave Opal her clothes because she knew that Opal's clothing was burned up in the fire. Opal went ahead and scoffed and mocked KWAK's taste. Tad, Jake and the others refused to let KWAK hold Jenny. So who is left for KWAK? David! Now, all of a sudden, they care about her because they assume David's beating her? If they think so little of David and are so genuinely concerned about KWAK's welfare... WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY DO EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO OSTRACIZE HER AND FORCE HER INTO THE ARMS OF THE ONLY PERSON AVAILABLE, WHICH IS DAVID?!

It rings incredibly false to me. Sure, drug KWAK, manipulate her, even keep her from her only daughter after her other daughter died... Tad can even barge into her house and manhandle her and drag her out against her will. The Martin Cult is in the right. But the minute she shows up with a bruise on her face, it's perfectly all right to jump to the conclusion that David's beating her and THAT is out of line... because it's David.

I still fail how to see Tad can justify grabbing Krystal against her will.

• Members

Opal was 100% justified in getting on the witness stand in regards to Jenny. She spent time around Krystal. KWAK was an absolute mess at taht time. She acted like she was about to crack any minute. She was addicted to drugs and she kept running off to be with David. She kept leaving her baby for those two and didnt make Jenny a priority in her life. Krystal was not fit to raise a child at that time

Opal doesnt like Krystal. Why would she after all she had done? Opal , even after realizing Krystal was cheating on Tad, was willing to look past that and help Krystal get her life together and she pretty much spit in Opal's face. That hurt her. I can see why she hasnt been so friendly or receptive to her after that. But regardless of how she may feel for her personally, Opal yesterday was able to seperate her personal feelings for her as a person and connect with her as a woman. She said as much. Despite any ill feelings she might have for her, Krystal is still Jenny's mother and ultimatelly if Krystal gets hurt, then Jenny will as well. I dont think Opal nor Tad want to see that happen, if not for Krystal, then for Jenny's sake.

• Members

I understand all that. My main point is they weren't trying to "help" Krystal because they cared about Krystal... Everyone's main concern was that asswipe, Tad. Once Tad got hurt, they kicked Krystal to the curb. And if their concern about hurting Jenny's mother will hurt Jenny as well, they sure didn't care about that the day Krystal delivered the clothes to Opal and everyone refused to let her hold Jenny and mocked her and kicked her out. The bottom line is that Krystal wasn't beaten or punched or hit. She was grabbed, she pulled away and fell into the piano. But since it was David, of course she was beaten within an inch of her life and everybody just assumes, assumes, assumes. It's no accident! Krystal's kidding herself and she needs to wake up. End of story. Judge, jury, executioner!

But what would've happened if, when Tad grabbed Krystal and was dragging her out of her house, Krystal pulled away and fell into the piano? Would they be so quick to say Tad gave into his Ray Gardner gene and was beating on Krystal? No ifs, ands or buts? Or would the hypocrisy that Tad and his followers live by kick in and every excuse in the world would be used to justify this "accident?"

• Members

:lol: Yeah, no kidding.....

Since Reese has been snuffed out of the equation I haven't watched any Zach/Kendall/Ryan scenes.... it makes for some short shows unfortunately.

Oh well.... I thought the show was overall very poorly constructed.... basically it all can be summed up in seven words.... Tad is a pompous, sanctimonious, hypocritical ass!

Archived