OLTL: Discussion for the week March 30

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Much better show today! Hank is back. Poor Clint was on the outside looking in but Hank's arrival makes sense to me.

Jack with John! I'm falling in love with Jack! I think he will pick up the mantle for the smart aleck role Starr filled.

Ray has chemistry with Tea and Dorian. Now I'm torn. I won't pick and just enjoy both.

Kyle and Fish know each other from KAD days? I didn't see that one coming.

I like Cristian and Layla. I think they are funny together.

Nora and Clint was sad even though I don't like them. Bo and Clint were good today too.

Loved the show today!

• Members

It makes me gack. And then I think, Is something wrong with ME?? Why do I always end up vacuuming or doing push ups during Y&R. It is SO F-ING BORING.

OLTL has been boring, just as boring, as Y&R this week. AT least to me. I want Stacey to become more and more and more and more evil. And just push Gigi over the edge.

This show could almost be ALOT of fun if they would just give Erika and Charlie some respect. The show simply needs one, HUMANE, adult storyline for balance. That's it... Just some sunlight and some adult drama along with Stacey.

I am not digging JVD as Clint. I hope he goes and spends the last six months of GL at GL. It is really his iconic role. And I am sure GL fans would be really happy to see him.

• Members

^It wouldn't be because there was no Rex/Gig/Stacy/Skylar/Starr today? :lol:

But yes, today was very good. OLTL is the kind of show that can make you not want to watch one day(or month for that matter), and will grab you in the next. I guess we can blame that on the writing team. There's obviously a struggle going on behind the scenes at OLTL. Fron's vision vs. Ron's.

• Members

Damn!!! I was liking A. and Robin chemistry today!! I just love that little Jack Manning he is a TRIP!!! "You're Full Of Crap!!" was the line of the day to me. It was great seeing Zach today, prison aged him well. Hank Gannon was a sight for sore eyes, I was hoping Destiny would be a Child that Rachel kept from Nora and Hank or a child Sheila had for Hank, but she She and Shaun can pull it off. I am just glad to see some diversity in the show again! Great Episode Today!! No Stacey TODAY!!!! YAY!! I think Gigi and Stacey are our today verison of Viki and Tina............not coming off too well!!

• Members

I've been very busy and not posting lately and I have NO doubt that others have complained about this plot point over and over, but it just drives me so crazy, I need to add my complaint:

The Gigi and her sister story. Besides being so disappointingly cliched as a soap story Gigi and Rex both are meant to be super clever, sneaky characters. This whole story obviously would be negated if Gigi just told Rex what was going on, made him promise to go along with it, they got the bone marrow and then once they had it just got back together. YEAH Carlivati tried to address this by having Brodie say exactly that but then Gigi VERY nonsensically said "no Rex would go crazy and confront my sister and it'd all be over". No he wouldn't. He's a con man, he's a detective, he could keep his cool for his son.

Since this is so clearly a story that would NOT happen in real life becuase of this simple *fact* about the characters I find it nearly unwatchable--and I feel like it's gonna go on a LONG time. Honestly, I think this is the first time I felt Ron really insulted his viewers intelligence--sure I disliked the Mendorra and other Summer stories and they were inane but I think Ron intended them to be fun throwbacks for fans--this on the other hand. Utter crap.

i feel better :)

• Members

I think Rex was supposed to lose most of his smarts when he found his true love Gigi. She's also not very bright. Apparently Stacey inherited the brains in the family, which isn't saying much.

They also have to be stupid to try to force viewers to pity them. Like lemmings, I guess.

• Members

HAHA fair enough but it still is insulting to the viewers intelligence I think-- It's true that many typical and traditional soap storylines could be undone if the characters just sat down and explained what was going on but usually they work SOME reason why the character won't do that--even a fairly basic excuse like shame or guilt. There's NOTHING here. There's NO reason Gigi wouldn't tell Rex and tell him to shut up and play along and he would do it. Nothing that's happened in the past with these characters would make Gigi think otherwise or *anything*.

• Administrator

Much better episode today except for the Layla/Christian crap - just more cliches (the constant bickering....being trapped....come on....I don't believe Ron's writing this crap. He's way too good to be coming up with this. I have a feeling it's network suit!).

Jack was awesome once again. "You spend all your money on beer and black clothes......you sleep in a coffin and spend an hour on your hair." And he he say, "John McPain." LOL

The scene with Hank were nice.

I had no idea they were bringing back Zack, so that was cool seeing him at the end of the ep.

Archived