Any Canadians moved to USA recently?

Toups

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's disapointing Toups. We've been living in the same city now for 4 months and you're leaving. So much for the chance run-in.

What's going on in the US? Professional program/school/job?

My brother moved to the US because his company transfered him there, so they took care of all that. Then he quit to do his MBA in the States so he had student paperwork, not sure how that works. He has since started his own company in Hollywood so he's got different papers, which from what he's told me, are the most difficult to navigate. So while I don't have first hand experience with it, I know that all three types of VISAs (work, student, entreprenuer) have different degrees of headaches attached to them.

Make sure that you get this sorted out before you go. I have a close friend who went for work, his work messed up and didn't file something correctly and when he came back to Canada for a holiday he wasn't allowed back in the US. He was fired because he couldn't work.

• Administrator

Moving to southern California because I have relatives there and I want to work in the tv/movie biz. Also, no more shoveling snow for me. LOL

Yup.........I got headaches reading about visas on gov't websites. LOL

• Members

Southern Cal is an interesting place.

I visit LA (Venice) often. It is a hard place to break into the scene too, so good luck and I hope you've got some stellar contacts. They can help you meet interesting people.

Archived