Glee: Discusion Thread

Toups

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lea Michele has been criticized for things said and done in the past with justification but this should not be one of those times.  I just read that seven years ago, to the day, Cory Monteith died.  People should not presume to know what is going on with another person.

People should not feel obligated to get on social media and pour their hearts out.  Also, who is to say that had she done so, her detractors wouldn't accuse her of being phony?  There is no pleasing some people, so why try?  Also, isn't Michele pregnant? That could also factor in her decision to disconnect from SM. In any case, I don't think she owes people on Twitter, or FB or Instagram any lengthy explanations.

The entire situation is tragic and the focus of feeling should be on Naya Rivera's son and family and sympathy for them.

• Members

Good lord this year has been cruel...

Please register in order to view this content

I was barely a casual viewer of Glee but, of the view episodes I've watched,  this scene here has always stuck with me...I certainly thought it was a powerful one.

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

I mean, Glee was basically a cartoon/fantasy series. That's why I could never really get into it. It was one-note s far as plot and characterization were concerned. You knew the CHEERLEADERS were CHEERLEADERS because they were always in their CHEERLEADER uniforms - that kinda stuff just bugs the hell out of me.

Now that we're five years removed from it, I can see its merits. It was/is a very happy place to go to for its fans. Plus, it changed a lot as far as peer acceptance of LGBT youth and brought music education back to prominence, so its place in pop culture history is solidified.

• Members

She was sooo cruel and sadistic, and even though as @All My Shadows says, the series was kinda cartoony, she had an edge that felt very real. Lynch played her well, and to her credit she was often very funny, at least when I watched regularly in the early seasons. For all its inclusiveness, which was unquestionably groundbreaking, the show just became unwatchable and actually kinda boring.

Edited by Faulkner