B&B/Y&R: Actor back on Bell show

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem is that every new man that comes to town HAS to be involved with Brooke somehow. Brooke even dated Dante for a brief period, knowing Dante had a thing for her daughter, Bridget.

Does she HAVE to corrupt all the fresh meat?

• Members

They better bring back James Storm (BILL SPENCER) for this!!!

Joanna Johnson is fine with me, love her but hate Karen. Anyhow: Is Bill Jr. supposed to be Karen's son??? :lol:

Somehow I can hear Lesley-Anne Down giggle with anticipation about this latest twist.

I'm not a huge Don Diamont fan - and with him the beard needs to got because with that fingy he could only join GH as the latest Italian mobster - but this development has me slightly intrigued. Bill Jr. is not a Logan/Forrester, so NO INBREEDING, but through family he has also ties. Now they just need to bring on James Storm as Bill Sr. to rally with Queen Stephanie - make to quash ex-loveress Donna!? - and 2009 in L.A. could actually not be such a lost cause after all.

La Flannery and James Storm are orgasmic together. :)

• Members

I don't think so, seeing as how Joanna Johnson is only 1 year older than Don Diamont. Interestingly, they have the same birthday, December 31. I suspect Bill Jr. will be Caroline and Karen's half brother, result of a relationship Bill Sr. had after the mother of his daughters passed away.

• Members

Screw you Brad Bell! Screw you!

I'm seriously pissed - killing off Bill Spencer off-screen is just the biggest premise of yet another craptacular ill-conceived plot-laden sh*t story. WTF!?

And Joanna Johnson is coming back for two episodes. Seriously!? And they plant us yet another ret-con. Originally Caroline was an only child. Then, Bill Bell cheated and created Karen. And now Bill had yet another child - of course with whom we get no father-son scenes no less. Give me a break! <_<

Only positive spin I can deliver: La Johnson looks AMAZING.

Check B&B's official website under the news section. Hot-linking doesn't work for me right now, sorry.

• Members

Nonetheless, I am really, REALLY hoping Bill Spencer, Jr. can really do something to the cast of B&B.

I can't believe Brad is killing off Bill, an original character, when they could easily use the actor on a recurring basis to establish Bill Jr. and shake up other stories. He still has a friendship or connection with Stephanie(didn't Stephanie enlist Bill's help to try and get Bridget shipped off to medical school in Copenhagen when Ridge and Bridget were doing their incestuous stares?). Bill could still resent Brooke for putting Caroline through hell(i.e. Jack Hamilton at Taylor's 2002 funeral). And didn't Bill blackmail Donna with scandalous photos?

I was really hoping that somehow they would rebuild another core family on the show. But I'm not surprised. The recast of the Logans could have been interesting, but Brad made every single one of the new Logan women into desperate, needy sluts. Especially Katie, who I had such high hopes for. The de-aging wouldn't have bothered me nearly as much as the show assuming that no one would remember these characters existed before 2006. Even if their story on the show was initially "boring," I would like to have seen the Logans made more interesting without changing each and every one of their personalities.

I'm not pleased, but I'll have to reserve judgment to see how this all works out.

• Members

:o

So basically, B&B have messed this up before it even began? Why am I even surprised?

I mean, why ON EARTH would Bradley Bell even want James Storm and Don Diamont -- who actually look like they could be father and son --in a couple of scenes together? Why bother bringing in that touch of history to help establish a new character? And why would the uber-popular and beloved (by cast and crew as well as fans) Joanna Johnson hope to get anything more than a 2-epiosde gig out of this? It's not like B&B needs the viewership!

Honestly, I despair. Either Bradley is the biggest monkey doofus ever to run a soap (and that's being insulting to monkeys). Or he truly hates the show he got saddled with and wishes he was doing other crap. This show has bags of potential and he sabotages it, seemingly, at every turn. I used to think BB was like James E. Reilly with his curve-ball plots and wink-wink at the audience. Now I'm wondering if he's not become Guza.

• Members

That's pretty much the same thing he said about Eileen Davidson. Almost word for word. He's such a horrible writer that he can't even come up with anything new to say in press releases! This show would be unwatchable if it weren't for Kay Alden.

• Members

How do you know it was Brad who actually said it? How do you know it wasn't the PR team who just said the quote and he signed off on it? And even if it is word for word what he said about Eileen Davidson, why would a glowing quote that someone uses about another person's talent, twice, make someone a bad writer?

And better yet, how do you know the show would be unwatchable if it weren't for Kay Alden? I think the show stooped to its level of awfulness when she arrived at B&B. I don't think the show ever recovered after she became the strike HW. I think she's talented, but at the same time, I don't think she "gets" B&B.

Or maybe it's all subjective and we are harping about things which of neither one of us has knowledge?

• Members

Any discussion about Kay Alden ruining or improving B&B is ludicrous, she edits scripts and helps draft the arcs of the storylines...she's got next to no say creative wise, she is a worker bee, she works.

And anyone who thinks it wasn't Brad Bell typing away during the WGA strike is kidding themselves. Not that I have a problem with him doing that mind you, I think the Fi Core soap writers are heroes which many disagree with me about, but that's a whole other thread.

Joanna Johnson doesn't want to return to B&B, she did this as a favor to Brad. It doesn't surprise me that Brad opted to kill off Bill Sr, the cast doesn't need any extraneous characters, it has a hard enough time giving its most talented (take a bow Lesli Kay) anything resembling a storyline. Don Diamont is a Bell friend, B&B needs some spicing up, Brad saw an opportunity and he went for it. Simple as that.

Now, let's all keep our fingers crossed so that Jack Wagner goes to the revamped Melrose Place!

• Members

But B&B was written differently (and IMO, better) during the strike. The stories weren't much different but the scenes were longer and seemed more Y&R-esque. Stuff like Pam swallowing the tea bag was way to good to have been written by Bradley. IMO, the show began to tank again when Brad and co. were back in the credits after the strike. (Although it's still not as bad as 2005-2007.)

Agreed. Dominick Marone is a diseased appendage that B&B needs to amputate.

• Members

What was SO bad about 2005-onward?!

There were lots of great things that happened....

The Faked Heart Attack Reveal

Stephanie getting control of the company.

Ashley and Ridge

Brooke's Spiral Out of Control and Subsequent Sexual Assault

Taylor Losing Everything Because of Her Flirtation with Hector and ONS with James Warwick

Taylor and Stephanie's Confrontation

Darla's Death

I can think of plenty other great moments/stories that happened.

I have to wonder if you were even watching the show.

Archived