B&B/Y&R: Actor back on Bell show

• Members

I guess my problem with B&B is the rush rush rush through plot points. I just don't feel the love and dedication towards the show from its writers that I get from, say, Y&R. Sometimes it seems like Bell hates the audience.

I'll tune in for this. And hope for the best while preparing for the worst.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amen to that. And I'm saying this is as a one-tine huge Nick-fan...

@ Cat: Wonderfully put. And the rush-factor has only worsened by the day in recent year. I could tolerate it before with some more dedication and the right characters (IMO; the show totally lacks heart like that of Sally and Darla) but not so anymore.

And although the debate about Kay Alden and her grip on the show leads nowhere, I maintain just by own huntch of what I've seen on the show that three people actually wrote the show during the writer's strike. Brad hended them the stories, Kay Alden crafted them and hence the longer and much better story build-ups while Jack Smith and Theresa Zimmerman wrote the script. The latter to this day uncredited but the recent Y&R hiring did put her back on my list.

• Members

*The neverending Brooke/Ridge/Bridget/Nick quad.

*Taylor's resurrection (as much as I love Taylor, that storyline was way too 'Days' for a Bell soap).

*Felicia's resurrection was equally stupid.

*Rick & Phoebe.

*Deacon, Samantha, Hector, Caitlin, Clarke, Morgan, Massimo, Dante, Darla, Storm, Gaby and other non-Forresters were dropped because of Brad's inability to write for more than 5 characters at a time.

*Constantine and The Boldface Challenge.

*And the big one: EVERYTHING revolved around Brooke! This might have worked had Brad not decided to dumb her down considerably by making her indecisive about Ridge and Nick.

• Members

These, I can give you, but...

Since when has a Bell soap been immune to characters returning from the dead, evil twins, or last minute heart-stopping saves? And Stephanie is not above lying to her family to keep up appearances or get her way. Hello? Angela/Deveney?!

I agree with your sentiment here, but I'm gonna play devil's advocate: every soap needs a central heroine/matriarch and Brooke, being a legacy character, pretty much stepped into that role after Caroline and especially Taylor's 2002 death. Like it or not, Brooke has become the center of the show. I agree that Brad should balance the characters way more than he does now. I would love to see Jake/Felicia fall for each other again. I'd love to see Jackie M become something other than some campy competition for the Forresters.

But let's not say that everything was just BAAAAAAAD. When B&B delivers, the pizza's hot and fresh. But lately, they've been short on delivery drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived