The secrets of making a good soap

• Members

I cheered when she died. What an unliakble old cow, and I knew Wendy Richard (Pauline Fowler) didn't like what the character had become either.

Death can happen to core characters, it just has to be dealth with properly, something most US soaps don't get or some crazy fanbase won't let them get it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Janice played by Vicky Entwistle is still around, although the scariest voice belongs to Deirdre ( Anne Kirkbride)

Every single episode with Blanche on Corrie is a good episode, it dosent matter how bad it is otheriwese, with Blanche in it, its a plus........ :P:D:P

• Members

Oh yeah, Deirdre does have a fierce voice. There was a scene where she was talking to this young guy and his son, and she referred to the little boy as "love" and eek...I know that that's an English term of endearment and all, but that voice! It sounded like "Lowf."

Blanche is cool. There were these two people working at the Rover's during the wedding, and so they were enjoying the fact that it was empty, and so they were flirting a little bit, but Blanche brought her ass in and just plopped down and peed all in their corn flakes.

Archived