ALL SOAPS: Best and Worst Recasts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was trying to think of the name Melody Anderson for Natalie's horrible recast, but I couldn't think of it. She was just too sweet for Natalie. There was always a fire in Kate Collins. I absolutely HATED Anderson. She was just so plain. Horrible hair, horrible chemistry with David Canary (WHO knew it was possible?!) and she couldn't have been killed off fast enough. ICK. Just the definition of a wet blanket.

As for Sabine Singh, I didn't think she was bad at all. She was working her ass off on that show. I definitely think she was on par with Alicia Minshew as far as ability to portray emotions. I don't understand the backlash about the actress, and they just should have stuck with her because I think the story was the problem with her introduction, not the acting.

I actually liked Jennifer Bransford as Carly very much. She definitely could do "gutter trash", as evidenced by every fight scene she had where she just went all out with Kelly Monaco and Kari Wuhrer. I wish she'd been given more time. She came off as "one of the boys" with Jason and Sonny as well. I think she just needed more time because Laura Wright still has yet to really feel like Carly to me. She's a very watered down version of Carly. I still see more Carly in Claudia.

• Members

Brown has one up one evry recast because she was there when the writing was god.

Braun was ok agt first, but gre to be an amazing actress and turned the [!@#$%^&*] they gave her into gold.

Bransford is an awful actress. in a bad story.

Wright plays Carly the way its written. Shrewish, OTT, selfish. And i like it. When they give Carly a heart or make human Laura plays it, they ust dont write it.

• Members

Best:

Hillary B. Smith as Margo Hughes (ATWT)

Ellen Dolan as Margo Hughes (ATWT)

Gregg Marx as Tom Hughes (ATWT)

Hunt Block as Craig Montgomery (ATWT)

Jon Lindstrom as Craig Montgomery (ATWT)

Cady McClain as Rosanna Cabot (ATWT)

Nathan Fillon as Joey Buchanan (OLTL)

Kevin Stapelton as Kevin Buchanan (OLTL)

Billy Warlock as A.J. Quartermaine (GH)

Worst:

Andrea Pearson as Gia Campbell (GH)

Danica Stewart as Maxie Jones (GH)

Jacob Young as Lucky Spencer (GH)

Jeff Meek as Craig Montgomery (ATWT) (fine actor, wrong role)

Grayson McCouch as Dusty Donovan (ATWT)

Christina Chambers as Molly Conlan (ATWT)

Kelli Barrett as Maddie Coleman (ATWT)

Tim Gibbs as Kevin Buchanan (OLTL) (see Jeff Meek)

Don Jeffcoat as Joey Buchanan (OLTL)

Bruce Michael Hall as Joey Buchanan (OLTL)

Tracy Melanchior as Kelly Cramer (OLTL)

• Members

Two from AMC...

Sandra Quarterman as Angie. Nothing against SQ, but there can never be another Angie. That voice, those dimples, that iconic place in daytime history, Debbi is Angie.

Kelli Taylor as Taylor Roxbury-Cannon. Ugh.

Archived