Y&R: Anyone else jumpin' on the Phick Bus?

• Members

if they were a SUPER COUPLE they would have been on all the magazine covers, they would have been high in the polls and they would not have cheated on each other time and time again and with family members!!!

PHICK on the other hand have been on the top of the polls since December 2005 and they have been on all the magazine covers over and over again...also when you walk in the offices of Y & R.. there is a wall with the Y & R logo...one one side is a picture of Phyllis on the other a picture of Nick, on the full page add in the LA Times in recognition of the 35th Anniversery of Y & R there is Nick and Phyllis as the Y & R....

SHICK a super couple....NEVER....and trying to sell them as one is a joke....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh good Lord. I love the reasonings that some of the fan bases use as to who is a super couple and who isn't.

I will never get over the arguments between couple fan bases. Oh my super couple has this many fans or my couple has this many magazine covers.

It is like 2 children saying well my daddy is bigger than yours or my daddy can beat up your daddy.

• Members

Those die-hard Phick or Shick fans are the ones that have the most hilarious comment. I rarely get a chance to laugh at something so much as I do with their fights or their reasoning as to why their couple is better and the other one isn't or never was.

• Members

You mentioned 2 key words in that statement

Fans

Fan Bases

There are two big differences. Fan bases mainly care about their fave and their fave alone and show it by trashing so many of the other parts of the show. I have seen it with the Phick fans who put down Sharon and other characters esp. if they are a threat to their fave. And the Shick fans do the same. The Jarlena fans do it to so many of the other characters on Days. The Zendell fans do it.

See I am a Y&R Fan. I am not a Phick fan. I am not a Shick fan. I am not a Victor/Nikki fan.

I am a Y&R fan plain and simple. I want what is best for the show overall. I am proud of that.

You are right that without FANS there are no soaps. But the soaps don't need a bunch of fans who are just fans of part of the show at the detriment of the other parts of the show. Those are the kind of fans the show does not need, because often their agenda is not what is best for the show but is what is best for the favorite actor or couple. That to me is not being a fan of Y&R. That is being a Phick Fan or a Shick Fan or whatever fan you want to call it.

• Members

well I have watched Y & R for 35 plus years...from day one...long before PHICK or SHICK...so I guess your sideways bash of me does not hold water....

I have watched soaps for 45 years...on all the networks, in black & white and color, with and without the organ music, when women's roles were in the kitchen and taking care of the kids, when sex was never discussed and married couples slept in seperate beds....I am a Soap Opera Fan and have been probably longer then some of you have been alive...

so like I said...without me the FAN...and the other 500,000 used to be viewers of Y & R...there will be no soap operas....

• Members

OMG - this thread is well, hmm, telling.

It shows precisely why Y&R sucked monkey-ass under LML: playing the ABC fanbase schoolgirl it-game is sooo below Y&R. But here we go...

PHICK is one of the most craptastic pairings ever in Y&R and daytime history in general. There is zero dimension, both with the characters and the actors as numeous other longtime Y&R viewers and posters have already stated.

Reading that Josh Morrow, although being probably the most-feautured Y&R actor next to Eric Braeden since 1994, hasn't "existed" before Michelle Stafford is downright highlarious. I guess I must have imagined the Matt Clarke-Story, Cassie, Nick sending Victor to jail and that blink-or-you-miss it love-story with Sharon. Boy, oh boy.

BTW, Josh Morrow still sucks as an actor. MS really has helped him to step it up. LOL!

• Members

LOL it still makes me laugh when people feel the need to bash fanbases, like non fanbase viewers are the sh*t or something :rolleyes:

Whomever, or whatever gets us to watching, it's people's perrogative to watch for whatever they want.

Geesh.

LOL exactly! I sure knew who JM was long before I ever knew who MS was.

• Members

I'm a Phyllis fan but I have been trashing Sharon since her first year on the show. The character has always been one of those needy pathetic women that I can't stand on soaps or in real life. She is one of those that can't be single because she needs a man do define her, just like Susan on Desperate Housewives who was called out for the same thing by Eddie (DH's Phyllis). My biggest beef with Sharon stems back to her not reporting that Matt Clark raped her because Nick would find out she wasn't a virgin and might not want tarnished goods. Her lies about her age and having a kid only added to my finding Nick and Sharon as a couple un-rootable. Why hide so much about yourself if your relationship is solid?

• Members

Fanbases get bashed, not b/c those who don't ascribe to any feel superior, but b/c the general fanbase mentality of "We want what we want, and to hell with what anybody else wants!", makes it impossible for people to enjoy these shows anymore. And no, I'm not blaming every member of every fanbase out there. If anything, I blame the more, er, vocal members who make the loudest noise while pretending to speak for the majority of the viewing audience (they don't, and they hardly ever do); and the networks, sponsors and publications for encouraging their behavior.

• Members

Exactly, but it's not their prerogative to constantly push their agendas onto TPTB and fans who don't LIKE said pairing or story. If said fanbases were so convinced that their couple could withstand the drama, why bother going through all the lobbying, the campaigning, the sheet buying, etc?

People who are fans of just one character or couple are not fans of the entire show.

Archived