B&B: Good Article on the HORRIBLE couples onscreen

• Members

Read this and I couldnt agree more with it. Its why Ive decided to drop this show which has potential for greatness but sadly fails:

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2009/01/is-...-on-b-b-in-2009

I’m entering 2009 with a sense of dread when it comes to The Bold and the Beautiful. I’m scratching my head, trying to remember if there has ever been such an unappealing set of couples onscreen at once.

Deric (AKA Deriactric)

Donna and Eric: Their recent scenes aboard “Honey Bear Airlines” featured scantily clad Donna (Jennifer Gareis) and randy old goat Eric (John McCook) reuniting and joining the mile high club. Aside from the sexy stewardess routine, another highlight of their “romance” was Donna dressing up as a cat, crawling across the floor and purring at Eric. If this silliness continues, it’s only a matter of time before she starts lapping up milk from a bowl whilst he pets her. Brooke-lite and her honey bear are simply revolting.

Bridge (AKA BARF)

Brooke and Ridge: B&B’s most enduring “love story” has as many detractors as it does fans. A lot of us are tired of the never-ending obstacles and two-way waffling. Apparently, Ridge now knows “it was always Brooke”, but some of us can still remember his history with Caroline and Taylor. Brooke was the interloper from day one, they weren’t the eternal star-crossed lovers they’re now portrayed as. I don’t think Juliet married Romeo’s father, brother and half-brother, did she? Maybe Shakespeare left that bit out.

Aside from that, wasn’t Ridge an egomaniacal pig to both Taylor and Brooke – who wants him coupled with either one? The “sexy” sushi dinner Brooke and Ridge shared had many viewers gagging, and B&B was yet again parodied on The Soup.

Reffy (AKA Sick)

Steffy and Rick: One of the major storylines playing out at the moment is Rick and Ridge fighting over Forrester Creations. Eric sees both of them as his sons, and they both call him “dad”. The fact is that they were both raised as Eric’s sons, so Steffy is effectively Rick’s niece. Only the “reveal” that Massimo was Ridge’s biological father gives the writers any excuse for going down this path. Coming hot on the heels of Rick’s engagement to Steffy’s mother, and before that trying to bed her twin... it’s gross. Gross, gross, gross.

As for Steffy and Marcus – they have no chemistry, they’re boring, but at least they aren’t borderline incest. Steffy’s stuck between a rock and a hard place (well, a dumbass and a horny uncle. Ew).

Kick (AKA Kacky)

Katie and Nick: Katie and Nick bonded over pistachios, scotch and Nerf ball, before having an illicit off-screen shag. The terminal trollop swiftly regained her health and when news of their beachside boink came out, Nick’s marriage to Bridget was over. Despite the fact she was shot, lost a brother, had a heart-transplant, started to reject the heart, got pregnant and had a miscarriage (the ongoing Perlis of Katiekins), she still didn’t secure viewer sympathy. It probably did look like a win-win situation on paper: Heather Tom, Jack Wagner, high-drama – what could go wrong? They’re dull, dreadfully dull, with no soapy passion between them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me Deric is the least bad out of these because most of the time I feel that they are played for laughs and we are not supposed to find them romantic. And the old coot making a fool out of himself over the busty blonde with daddy issues is a good old fashioned clichee that at least provides stories.

On the other hand the worst offender out of these to me is Reffy. Why? Because they are again ruining potentially promising younger cast that could actually have been used to give the show a new generation. But after this both disgusting and disgustingly short sighted turn of events, who wants to bet that the once promising Steffy will go the ways of Phoebe (who disappeared after the Constantin triangle was over), Caitlin, Erica, Kimberly, Gaby...

• Members

I SECOND THIS!!!!!

What a fantastic idea, JP! I would love to see the campiness of it. Ronn Moss's reaction alone would be awesome - probably the only time we'd see any real reaction out of Ridge over anything. I'm kinda in love with this idea.

• Members

simple too, IMHO...

drunk. at a bar. they start talking about love and life and failed relationships and how much they hate men. now where it goes from there... idk. either a drunken hookup that leads to more and then emotions and feelings and a secret affair or a deep friendship that is so deep it throws them both (or one off) and builds and builds and builds until.. BAM! hot lesbian action! lol.

no really, id love to see a soap take on something like this. or have a gay guy and a stright guy who are friends and have the straight guy question everything. or with girls. degrassi did it so well with Alex, a lesbian, and Paige, the pretty str8 popular head cheerleader. here - http://www.afterellen.com/archive/ellen/TV...1/degrassi.html - is a great article about it. the relationship lasted on and off for seasons, with alex coming out as a lesbian and paige stating that alex was the one and only girl shes has ever liked like that. prior to this piage had been with spinner and matt, and after she was back with spinner, got with jesse and her new roomie. alex stayed in love with paige but dated other girls. ok and now im way off topic...

but hey, if Degrassi can do it why not soaps? oh thats right...

but that will never happen.

• Members

LMAO - execept for Donna & Eric which I do think have an appeal, if only to unnerve Queen Stephanie and to re-do Brooke&Eric (who admittedly had much better chem), they are so spot-on.

LOL at "Barf" and "Kacky". IMO, both couple need to be shredded ASAP and at least 50% of the involved cast members should be sent on an extra-long hiatus if not be permanently fired.

• Members

Oh please someone ship that poor Heather Tom to Y&R before she does something to herself. She must be crying every night over what she has to do at B&B. Meanwhile, we are stuck watching a bad version of Victoria at Y&R.

• Members

B&B needs a FATAL Tornado, Hurricane, Earthquake or Volcano SOON.

The house MUST be cleaned. New sets, new families. Somebody lost sight of the fact that the strength of B&B was rooting for the outsiders WHO BROUGHT THE FORRESTERS DOWN (Angela, Sheila, Sally, Amber, Deacon). The Forresters/Logans, by themselves, are arrogant and narcissistic, and cannot sustain the show. They never, ever could.

• Members

they dont. Its disgusting bc both Rick and Ridge STILL acknowledge the other as his brother. Eric treats both of them as his sons and they all attend the same family gatherings. Yet for some reason its okay for uncle and niece to be with each other just bc Ridge found out a few years ago he wasnt Eric's bio son

Archived