GH: Week of December 22, 2008 Discussion

• Members

I almost went into my ugly cry during that Robin/Stone scene. I screamed out "Stone!". I swear, when he died, it was like I lost a relative.

yeah I agree. Monday needs to be Scrubs heavy. I hate that the mob has become the main focus of this show. Remember when it use to play a supporting role? It gave the show an edge but it didn't suck the life out of it. Damn you, Guza & Co.!!! :angry:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Watching those flashbacks from the mid-90's totally brought me back to when I was a kid and came home from school and the first thing I did was tune into GH. It didn't feel like Robin was just any character getting married, it felt kind of like a big sister was getting married. A lot of us either grew up with Robin or watched her grow up, so moments like this are very special, IMO.

I would've also liked a Brenda mention, since Robin and Brenda were so close. Was there a Brenda mention from the failed Scrubs wedding episode? I can't remember, but maybe we'll get that on Monday. I hope Karen Harris writes Monday's episode, since Robin is her favourite character and all.

• Administrator

I agree, this is a special wedding. It's so rare that we get to a chance to see someone we grew up watching, get married. You just feel more connected.

When I saw Michael Conforti's in the credits, I was hoping Robin/Patrick wouldn't get married today. LOL I hope Karen gets it too, if not, at least give it to Michele Val Jean because they both wrote for Robin back then and it would be extra special for them to the honours.

• Members

LOL! Me too! It just doesn't feel right to me if Harris or Val Jean don't get to write the actual wedding. Those two should write the big historial stuff on the show, period. But then I saw they were devoting so much time to those nonsense storylines about Claudia, Sam, Sonny and Jason, and Robin was taking a good time getting ready. Knowing how much Guza loves to rush s-hit, I knew that today couldn't have been the actual wedding.

• Members

Robin and Patrick's wedding and the flashbacks are killing me. I was sobbing. All those memories of Robin when she first appeared on the show and then with Stone and the music was a beautiful touch. Patrick and Robert's conversation was so touching and full of love. It really does feel like a member of family is getting married. Jason Thompson and Kim are talented and under appreciated on GH. I really miss the Sonny that we saw on Friday with Robin.

• Members
Yep I remember it "very well" and actually it was more intriguing; I like mob but when it was low key, it made me thirsty for more...more curious. I remember when I watched this show..I couldn't wait

...I can't put my finger on it but I would say too much mob. Also, for me its sooo many characters and they are steady adding more...so cast heavy and then short plot pointed segments just puts my feet to sleep...

I don't think I can follow heavy duty plot pointed scribing with a lot of characters... I guess they can't just roll with the momentum of the moment...

Nomementum is huge for me in storytelling and GH falls flat on that also twists and turns...there are no WTH? moments. I didn't see that one coming

they have the promos that spoil a lot of story or in the rag mags...to bait and switch.

• Members
Yep I remember it "very well" and actually it was more intriguing; I like mob but when it was low key, it made me thirsty for more...more curious. I remember when I watched this show..I couldn't wait

...I can't put my finger on it but I would say too much mob. Also, for me its sooo many characters and they are steady adding more...so cast heavy and then short plot pointed segments just puts my feet to sleep...

I don't think I can follow heavy duty plot pointed scribing with a lot of characters... I guess they can't just roll with the momentum of the moment...

Nomementum is huge for me in storytelling and GH falls flat on that also twists and turns...there are no WTH? moments. I didn't see that one coming

they have the promos that spoil a lot of story or in the rag mags...to bait and switch.

• Members

I LOVED Friday's episode. Finally a classic wedding between a supercouple in Robin and Patrick. I LOVED those flashbacks!! When Robin told Mac that she has HIV and (my personal favorite) when Robin first met Robert, I was tearing up as well. Oh wow, great job, GH. Can't wait for the rest of the ceremony on Monday =)

Archived