Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Max... don't ever apologize for being "wishy washy", all that means is that you are able to see and understand another viewpoint, even if you don't agree with it. It means you give THOUGHT and CONSIDERATION to things that you once felt strongly about, but might want to give a second look to when new information comes to light. Obstinance and stubborness is not a quallity that I consider good to have. So if you are undecided about something, or look at something in a new way and change your mind, don't let others make you feel guilty for it. Brian may not be wish washy with politics, but he sure is wishy washy when he runs a website... so we all have our issues, and yours are nothing to ashamed of.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

But who in the government could oversee such a massive social program without the elements of corruption, abuse and waste? Name a person or organization, right-leaning OR left, that you truly trust to manage your money responsibly. Besides... don't programs already exist to help those in dire need? Shouldn't eliminate duplication of service before funding another?

I live in California and not too far from my little suburban street are parched farmlands that have been denied water deliveries from the north because of a worthless fish called the Delta Smelt. Much of the San Joaquin Valley along the Interstate 5 corridor is a barren wasteland that once would and could be again a bountiful basket of food that could feed the hungry in our own country scores of times over. Given the state of California these days, I'm not impressed with the video you presented. Certain liberal policies have negatively impacted quality of life here and across the country in absurd ways and underscore the routine failure of government intervention in our daily lives.

• Members

Brian, I'm curious as to your opinion of Jerry Brown's governorship thus far. I personally feel that any governor of California--Democrat or Republican--is doomed to failure because of a combination of that state's proposition system, lopsidedly liberal legislature, and illegal immigration problem.

Edited by Max

• Members

Once again, the liberal agenda is not the problem here, nor are the Delta smelt. the problem is that people are trying to farm land that is arid and was never meant to be farmed. You grow crops where the rain falls, and where it doesn't... you might grow crops that like dry conditions, such as onions, garlic, grapes, olives... but otherwise, people need to work with nature and stop trying to control it and fight against it. If you lived in West Virginia and had your front porch covered in coal dust every morning, I bet you'd feel differently. Animals aren't nearly as important to humans as plants are, that's why protecting ecosystems and endangered plants are much more important. When you burn and clear cut rainforests and other various habitats, you may be destroying a yet undiscovered plant that would have the cure for cancer. And who would oversee health care funding? Why local medical boards would, of course.... let panels of doctors, and not politicians do it. Like I said, let the government FUND it, not CONTROL it.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

The stuff coming out of these candidates' mouths really has me saying....how do you honestly think that you will win a general election with the truly horrible things you have said? Romney has lied so much he can't remember what flip-flops go to what, Newt is trying to make himself the Elder Statesman, with all the garbage he has done, Bachmann's own TP is demanding she drop out (after her entire crew in NH walked out on her), then there's Cain....my goodness. Someone needs to tell him to just sell his books and then go away.

I now cannot help but LMAO every single day at this freak show. LOL!