Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Paul Ryan was right. They are going to overwhelm him with bills in his first hundred days including gutting medicare. The seniors at my moms retirement community are already freaking out. My mom is financially solvent so while it's not welcome, she will be fine. But she's shaking her head at some of them saying I told you so.

As the democrats unite behind that dinosaur Bernie Sanders,

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Bless her. Tell her to keep saying it.

I'm glad your mom is in a decent position. It's the same with mine. It won't be fun but the house is paid off and most of her income comes from my dad's pension and some annuities. I shudder to hink about all the people who live off these so-called "entitlements."

• Members

Per Gallup, Obama's approval rating up to 65% a jump of 7  points just in this past week.

That great advocate Bernie Sanders now says he is willing to work with Trump on upping min wage to $10/hour while he slammed Clinton and Obama non stop on their proposals. I'll ever get behind this man so the democrats better find someone else. How about a democrat. He never introduced one bill in all his years in the senate and his greatest accomplishments were getting 2 post offices in Vermont renamed.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

^ Bernie is really too old to be the leader of the party. Is he really going to run for President at 78 years old? Perhaps I'm being ageist, but I don't mean to be. It just doesn't seem practical at all.

As for he gutting of entitlements, seniors vote. Maybe it's going to take that pain to make seniors and their children rethink things a bit.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Well it's unconstitutional for one thing and I saw the head of the ACLU on Maddow last night. They have gotten record donations this past week, more people willing to volunteer than ever. The money they have raised is the most since their inception. But he says they are prepping for this.

But also a muslim activist on twitter said they already have one. It's called the no fly list which includes a lot of muslim immigrants including children by the way. He wasn't condoning it simply saying that there are already lists the government uses, FBI operatives in Muslim communities and his point was why haven't people been up in arms before now.

• Members

I saw something about one of his lackeys on Faux News saying it was justified because of the Japanese internment camps. Megyn Kelly (clearly on her way out at the network) said comparing anything positively to the internment camps is a nonstarter. 

I saw a comment from someone saying they were in the grocery store and saw a cashier there who normally wears her hijab and no longer does, and was clearly uncomfortable and frightened. It's really shameful how many can no longer feel like this is their country.