The Politics Thread

• Members

I wonder if this will make them stop their campaign against Biden. 

Not counting on it.

As for public reaction to the verdict, I am so used to the public being apathetic, but I hope they aren't this time. For all of our sakes.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think they will be. But it's not all going to manifest at once, as I said. It's going to stick and keep dragging him down, just as it did in 2020 (and '22) and it will also manifest in more voters he quietly loses, again. Plus, as even outlets like Semafor have noted, the quiet psychic impact of him actually being convicted can't be overstated.

• Members

Wow. All this talk about Martha Byrne's husband made me curious, so I did a Google dive.

I guess it is on brand for Martha to defend Dump, considering hubby was working for the freaking Chinese government! I had no idea he was in such deep doo doo. From what I read, he has yet to be sentenced but faces 20 years in prison. All I ever recalled from the soap mags was he was a cop.

So much for that. Bye bye!

• Members

Smh. 

Not often no so this is tea to me. And sad tea because I liked Holden and Lily. And this taints her at least in terms of my Holden and Lily. I hate it when actors/actresses do that. And it takes A LOT to get me to that point so 'high praise' for her. Guess it shows how much I 'feel' about Trump now. 

• Members

Not to keep going into it but Byrne has been staunchly conservative and hasn’t really kept it under wraps, especially after she left ATWT.
Lucy Deakins (who left the role to do movies) was my first “Lily” and I have a preference toward her in the role but I appreciate what Martha and Heather brought to the role. That said, I have always wished fans could make a line of demarcation between the characters and the actors who portray those characters. Byrne herself has said that she thought she had more in common with the Rose character (who she thought was closer to who she was irl) than Lily.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Didn't want to defile the Johnny Wactor thread with this disgusting political commentary so posted it instead on the GH classic thread. It's not classic, it's new, but it's GH  BTS and I didn't know where else to post it. 

Cross-posting here since it's a political opinion.

Carolyn Hennessy posting about "certain folks".  Don't want to give her any energy.  It's just an example that this attitude still exists in the USA and there's lots of work to do to change society.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Members
Posted (edited)

That doesn't need to be in the classic thread, IMO. With Martha's nonsense we can at least make a case for here because she is reacting to the verdict and her husband is tied to Trump and China.

We honestly have no choice, since there are many conservative/right wing actors in soaps in particular. As long as they keep it out of my face and off the screen I can usually live and let live. I regret how Martha's behaved but I still loved her work on the show. CH I find obnoxious both on and offscreen, but Diane I can still enjoy in small doses.

Edited by Vee

• Members

No worries. I've have mentioned...rarely for this very reason...how I prefer to not know too much about my actors/actresses' (and writers/directors/etc) personal life versus their professional one. Sometimes I can separate the two and it does not take away from my enjoyment of the material...to a fault. It really has been a case by case for me with the person in question. And it definitely gets harder the more history and memories I have with material (for example...Joss Whedon and BUFFY...which I have not dared to watch on a binge due to all his drama and the now kinda known BTS drama because I watched in real time and as a kid and it inspired. So knowing what was behind the curtain does make me feel a way versus ANGEL which I can still binged easily and slowly enough). And if the pandemic taught me anything...there's been a LOT of actors and actresses who let it all hang out so I no longer like them nor support them even if my history goes back to being a kid because IMHO it's the disappointment of seeing him as human yes, but a flawed and in some case willingly defiant human at that. A few soap opera stars no got fired due to Co-Vid principles come to mind.

Please register in order to view this content

So basically, I don't go looking nor do I run away when it pops up in my face, either. So it truly is news to me about Martha. The news had not found me until now.

Ironically, I have heard Martha make those comments about Rose. And I felt that was clear and it definitely showed on screen how much she loved the character of Rose.

But...back to politics. Sorry to get off-topic.

Lock the Orange up!!!

• Members

Following the Trumpian way of keeping financial records, looks like Giuliani is playing hide the income with his creditors.

A 9/11 Charity Provides a Financial Safety Net to a Giuliani Firm

Thanks for posting @janea4old. I ended up watch Santana Jr.’s CNN interview on the CNN website. Probably because of Meta’s tracking tendencies, my DDG browser tends to reject those sites, so I usually can see embedded posts from those sites.