Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually got that part but still it makes no sense to me. I shouldn't try to make sense of illogical behavior.

The Republicans appear to be super frustrated because they desire to claim some victory over Barack Obama and it isn't coming easy to them. They're probably even more frustrated that all of those Democrats haven't rolled over for them and don't appear to be scared of them right now.

Imagine John Boehner saying invoking the word "adult," as if he's been behaving like a mature one for ages.

• Members

One Democratic congressman today on CNN (forget who it was) said he wanted to close 2/3 of all our foreign military bases I wonder if Boehner will go for THAT. If I were in there, I would say to the Repulbicans "you want cuts, by God, your'e gonna get CUTS) and I would propose these things:

1: National 10 cent liquor tax.

2: eliminate the mortgage interest deduction on homes over 200,000$ in value.

3: Close half of all overseas military bases

4: Cut the remainder of the military by 30%

5: Suspend social security payments to seniors who have income (INCOME, not ASSETS) of over 100,000$ per year.

6: Cut ALL subsidies to oil companies and sugar comapnies.

7: Suspend medicare to all seniors with an income of 250,000$ per year or more. (Again, this is INCOME, a senior can have unlimited assets)

8: Raise retirement age to 66 starting in 2015. 67 in 2018, and 68 in 2020.

9: Raise the tax rate on the top income bracket by 2%.

10. Raise capital gains tax to 25%.... but with a provision. Every individual person would have a 1 million dollar lifetime exemption. So you can have up to 1 million dollars of capital gains in your lifetime without paying ANY taxes on it. Anything over and above that will be taxed 25%.

11: Suspend ALL prison sentences for non violent crimes, and make all punishment for such crimes monetary, garnishment of income, siezure of assets, etc. And that money garnered from the non violent criminals would fund the prisons for the violent offenders, keeping the taxpayers off the hook for the bill.

12: cut ALL salaries of Senators, congressmen, and YES, even the president by 25%.

13: Institute 5 cent "junk food tax" on certain items to pay for the expansion of medicaid. If you want to get around the tax, you can still make your own junk food from scratch.

14: Lower the corporate tax rate to 5%.... and if this is the elixir that will create jobs and give us low unemployment.. then PROVE it, the rate would sunset in 36 months, and if unemployment rates are below 5% when the sunset occurs, the rate is automatically extended. If it is above that, then the corporate tax rate goes up to 35% for all companies which gross over 5 million per year. A sliding scale down to 20% for companies that gross over 1 million per year.

Edited by alphanguy74

• Members

I'd like to see Wynona, in all her glory, out their campaigning for her sister. It'd be hilarious. Plus I think Judd would call out McConnell moreso than some average democrat and at least bring media attention to the race which'll hopefully show how truly terrible McConnell is.

I'd think she's lose too. But what democrat could win a federal race in Kentucky?