Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'll bet that when the Obamas read that column, they just laughed and laughed and laughed.

(I know I would.)

FB is filth, but it's the only social media platform that I will use, and the only way I can keep in touch with many of my former schoolmates.

• Members

This is another example of how craven and complicit Congressional Republicans are. For all their tweets about being "concerned" or "troubled." Only Republicans have the power to fix any of this and they won't. Tim Scott could become the most powerful man in Congress if he wanted to.

• Members

Brought to you by the land that spread spread the enlightenment and meditative movements. Tragic.

Seduced by Hate, Indian Politician Embraces a Lynch Mob

So much for education broadening and expanding the mind.  It's clear that degree attainment does not equal true higher learning.

• Members

Have I been paying so little attention that I failed to realize that the new mayor of Charlottesville is an African American woman? Or have I simply forgotten?  Surely we've discussed this in this thread...right?

She's included in a profile of Charlottesville in the NYT.

Year After White Nationalist Rally, Charlottesville Is in Tug of War Over Its Soul

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

This only tells half the story. While we did have tax cuts this year that contributed to the deficit increase, we also had a lush spending increase. 

Are you willing to give back your your tax cut? I’m not... what they need to do is roll back spending. 

• Members

Good God, what kind of nutjob has America allowed to have access to the nuclear codes??

Also spending cuts (the tax cuts for many, not all were temporary but the tax cuts for corporations will be permanent) won't prevent the next recession (which is very realistic possibility now) from happening.  George W. Bush had spending cuts and tax cuts as well. 

The GOP M.O. is tax cuts, spending cuts and out of control military spending. Now with the fallout from dueling tariffs because of the trade war-should be interesting to see how much pain will be inflicted in the next several months.

The benefits of those tax cuts for individuals will have worn off by then.

• Members

I’ll give the great tax cut I got back in a heartbeat, a tax cut I haven’t seen, if it means I can have affordable healthcare. It’s nice for folks not to give a darn about the rest of America or folks like me who once again may have limited or no options for healthcare due to the  preexisting condition mandate being stripped. But maybe you think I’m the one responsible for getting breast cancer several years ago like those who claim we with PEC are lazy and contribute to our own bad health.

It’s so nice to see people beating the drums that have caused every world empire to crumble. Cut more domestic spending and programs to help real people while continuing to spend spend spend on the military. You really must love the military industrial complex and our now trillion dollar military budget.

meanwhile in the real world most Americans have seen a negative impact on taxcuts, the trickle down approach has resulted in guess what, more golden CEO parachutes and stock buybacks, while we normal people see 1.50 a week while our health insurance skyrockets, interest rates rise, food prices up, gas prices up, farmers crying over tariffs they apparently thought the stable genius would exempt them from., and people at a Missouri nail manufacturer likely to close due to tariffs want a special exemption from the pain the stable genius  caused. Maybe you work for a defense contractor or private prison if you live high on the hog these days.

you can’t make this stuff up.

Edited by JaneAusten