Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

According to the Times it is one of the largest defamation settlements in history.

I'm just glad it means the end to Giuliani's career as a political commentator. 

But, as always, it was never about informing the masses, or advancing a political cause, it was just about ratings

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

It does suck and Fox News knew if those hogs took the stand and if there were weeks long debates, with text messages, emails, phone calls, etc. deliberated, it would've exposed the public to all their deplorable actions and deliberate lying, and it would chip away at their viewer base their viewers' faith in them. And to top it off, they don't even have to issue an on-air admission of guilt. 

• Members

I've been thinking about the lack of admission of guilt in the Dominion case and I've come to agree with their decision on a couple of levels.

A. Even if Dominion approved of the wording, we all know that the delivery would be weak.

B. Because Fox News won't cover it, audiences are forced to watch other channels, thus lowering Fox's ratings which is the true punishment.

C. There's no way that Fox News wouldn't frame itself as the victim of another entity trying to impinge on its first amendment rights. 

D. Fox News admitting that they lied in order to pander to their audience will do nothing to sway their support because they still push the bigger lie that culture war issues matter more than civil rights.

So, I think the admission of guilt is best left to MSNBC, CNN, and NYT in their scathing critiques of Fox management. 

• Members

This is what everyone knew would happen, and it's likely going to expand even further (supposedly moving to private schools next). Much of the power broker media will still turn a blind eye, as they have a vested interest in their hero, and they have nothing but contempt for lgbt people anyway. I don't want to imagine what Florida, or most other states, will be like in a few years.

I have noticed some of Trump's flacks, like Grennell and Trump Jr, speaking out against some of the obvious gay-baiting and trans-bashing (even as Trump himself says something else entirely, as shown in his latest pandering to transphobia in his NRA speech), as the sassy sloth's flacks burrow further down. This isn't to praise the Trump people - they don't mean anything they're saying, and they're not even saying much - but more to show that the pig has committed himself so feverishly to spreading hate and torment that he has managed to make Trump, who has a 4-year record of far right victories, look like a centrist in comparison.

• Members

DeSantis is already being (let's just say it) cucked by Trump. That marks him for death inside the right. His star is already falling in the eyes of elite media and it won't last another five years, if it even lasts to the general. FL will absolutely suffer in the meantime - as will other states - but the grim consolation is knowing he won't survive, and the party will suffer too.

Edited by Vee