The Politics Thread

• Members

Just as expected, the same people who are out to get Northam are also out to get Justin Fairfax.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/04/washington-post-justin-fairfax-assault-accusation-1145317

That's why those on the left who rush blindly into moral superiority situations often do more harm than good.

(and I'm not surprised that the Washington Post is helping the right wing cast doubt as they tend to support conservative views anyway)

• Replies 42.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's amazing how desperate the media whore branch of the GOP is to get AOC's attention, I imagine because they simultaneously envy her and desire her. She does reply to some (like this jackass who only got famous because Pete Davidson is a mess and because Lorne Michaels, like the media at large, loves Republicans and wants them to win), but she has continued to ignore Ben Shapiro, which I'm happy about. 

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/dan-crenshaw-nfl-patriots-70-percent-tax/

• Members

Crenshaw has turned out to be just another right wing nut.

The thing that is happening  that these clowns hate is that everyone - republicans and democrats and independents, in general like the idea of raising taxes on the rich. And Kevin Hassett telling people to listen to economists after lambasting the elite economists the past few years, isn't going anywhere.

• Members

IA.  It's one thing to be...concerned over a person's past behavior.  However, they can't see that all this is doing is playing right into the GOP's hands.

If neither becomes governor, then the next in line is the maid.  You know, like on FALCON CREST?

I'm sure when Edwards heard his name, too, he looked up from making another illegitimate child with a blonde bimbo and asked, "How da fug did I become part of this!?".

Edited by Khan

• Members

Construction on "the wall" is starting, and the toll it will take on the environment is going to be immeasurable.

He's a real [!@#$%^&*] - smug and proud of it. A few days ago he was jeering a woman who works as a security expert in probably the most blatant example of "mansplaining" I've seen in a long time.

This is what our media, and Lorne Michaels, want us to support. This is their GOP and their America. 

• Members

I don't think Northam is a bigot today, but I also don't think (and haven't for several days, even before that awful press conference) that he has any choice but to resign. I have no idea WTF to think with Fairfax and his responses so far aren't helping. I don't want to eat our own, but some things we have to do upkeep on.

• Members

Spend any time at all reading "woke" twitter and you know we do have a problem with this on the left.  Some of the threads on there really make me cringe. One the comes to mind is the woman bitching about how she doesn't feel comfortable in white spaces (a legit topic, no doubt) and her main example was how a white person told her not to bother taking her shoes off in the white person's house. I kid you not. It was a huge preachy thread and she had a lot of retweets and responses.  I have rarely rolled my eyes harder.

At the same time, no one gets righteous points for giving someone who dressed in Klan garb the side eye.  It's not my call what happens in Virginia, but I do think one thing Trump has shown us is that the character of our leaders has very far reaching effects.