Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Hopefully they get some where with the gerrymandering project.

I am interested in seeing something established to help people obtain identification, e.g., if the problem is that some people live too far to get to a DMV, then maybe provide some transportation or if it's the fees, then a fund.  I know some of the suppression goes deeper than an i.d. card but if that is one of the main issues and it can be addressed by helping people get those cards, then it would be a good idea to try to do so. 

It's pretty hard to unify a party when voting blocs has seemingly been a mainstay.  Keeping everybody divided is great for politicians but now it seems to only be great for Republicans.  It's caught up to the Democrats in a most problematic way.  They've successfully managed to be integrated on the outside while being segregated on the inside.  It was just a matter of time before that started to catch up to them.  Reconciliation is a tall order but either they do it for real or they slap a band-aid on it until it opens up a big enough wound that cannot be ignored. 

At the end of the day, people want to feel as if they belong and are included and it cannot be that hard to talk to each other and really just listen.

• Members

Gerrymandering is a big part of the reason a lot of people feel like they don't belong. When districts are designed to become "safe" then representatives no longer need to worry about reaching across the aisle and they no longer feel the need to appeal to independents and moderates because those people have no influence and present no danger.

• Members

His father probably taught him to shake hands this way but can someone teach this man how to do a proper (i.e. non-creepy) handshake?  His method is completely offputting. Just look at Abe's face after he retracted his hand!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

My brother a so called republican(although he hasn't voted that way in 16 years) voted for Kander and was actually excited about him. Kander is exactly IMO the kind of leadership the democrats need now. Fresh, young, and his campaign seemed more pseudo grass roots - he actually seemed to go out and talk to people from both sides. He's also not afraid to speak truths democrats from both sides(establishment and far left) don't want to hear. I am actually proud to see him  championing a group that is focused on voter suppression. I do hope he runs for political office again. When is the next Governors race in Missouri?