Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am telling you most people don't want that stupid wall aside from a small segment of our population. Texas especially has no desire nor does California. There is already a fence anyway which both Bush and Obama spent money on repairing parts of it.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

So, our default is CBS.  I know they have their faults but we like our local news on that channel, and tend to leave it there for Scott Pelley.  I can tolerate their evening news a helluva lot more than Charlie/Gayle/Nora in the morning.

This week I have noticed a change in the way they are covering the Trump administration.  Tonight, Major Garrett reported on and called out the latest: Bowling Green, Turnbull and ... well damn.  Anyway, they are at least calling them out on the lies.  Now, if they can actually be journalists and report on EVERYTHING that this charlatan racist [!@#$%^&*] is up to...

Yes!!

He has got to be so so soooo pissed right now

• Members

I heard a report the other day that all White House staff is encouraged to submit Executive Orders and they have stacks of drafts as a result.  

Omarosa's HBCU draft is probably an attempt to stick it to Barrack Obama who was accused of not doing enough for  the HBCU.  Basically a bunch of "we support you" fluff with nothing behind it, or maybe some dollars to make it look good.  

Yesterday I saw a clip of an Indiana rep speaking on the Congress floor about rolling back policy which makes it harder for the mentally ill to purchase firearms.  I could not figure out why it's important to republicans that someone be able to purchase guns other than them wanting to boost gun sales.  Stock has declined about 20% for a couple of gun manufacturers and I guess this rollback aims to help them gain customers.

Trump may be about to sell some more of America to Japan because I am pretty certain that this infrastructure pitch that their Prime Minister will be making this week is going to cost the U.S. in the long run.  The proposal seems to be to buy some of the U.S. debt to provide $150 billion over 10 years to fund projects such as bullet trains and tech.  This is supposed to create 700,000 jobs, most of which I believe will have to be outsourced.  It will sound good for Trump to say he's gotten all these jobs but at what cost and how many of them will even go to the American worker he's supposed to be championing?  

I highly doubt that they're going to want to have bullet trains in Kentucky, Virginia, or many of the other states where his support was greatest.  The most likely place will be California where this has already been "in the making" for years.  So if they were able to find workers from those states for that project they would most likely have to relocate.  And if they are able to find workers from those states to work on cybersecurity and artificial intelligence projects then they will most likely have to relocate as well.  But how many people are they really going to find that are that proficient in technology?  

This seems like a crafty move to ensure that the egomaniac will team up with them against China over geographical disputes to give him bragging rights about being the greatest job creator ever, while they try to amass more of the U.S. debt than China.

Anyone who figured that it would not take Trump long to go on twitter and insult the judge who issued the stay on the Muslim ban is unfortunately right.

• Members

Also, the Northeast Corridor which has been in dire need of restructuring for decades. We all know how badly it stings Trump that the states of New York and New Jersey (where he owns homes) did not vote for him and his unpopularity in NY especially bothers him.

How ironic if the two 'coastal areas', derided as liberal enclaves by the right-wing for well over a decade now were to be beneficiaries of such an initiative. Assuming, however that Trump is still around to see that happen and not impeached by then.