Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree about what people have been saying that they didn't expect the kind of backlash they've been getting. I think they thought the American people would just roll over and accept whatever they put out there.

I think the GOP is getting fed up and yep Trump is heading the way Nixon did. I have a feeling something is about to come out that is going to get Trump impeached. It might not be really soon but I believe it will happen.

• Members

^ I'm not surprised by that at all. There is a reason there was an amnesty under Reagan.  Immigration is good for business by decreasing wages. While that used to make me more of a centrist, Trump has forced me to the left on this issue. I'm guessing I'm not alone on that.  Even on the issue of restricting H1B visas, which I could have gotten behind at one point, I don't trust this man to do anything that's right.

What happened at Disney for example is something I'm sicked by: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/us/last-task-after-layoff-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html?_r=0

Good point!

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

H1B visas IMO are far more damaging and is something not one person speaks about. Every year the quota is increased and the intent has been bastardized. Bringing in people through H1B Visas to work in the Hospitality industry when many of the jobs they fill are unskilled is ridiculous. Also firing American workers as Disney did firing all those tech workers and refusing severance unless they stayed to train their H1B cheaper replacements is also something that should be restricted.

• Members

Yes! I just added that story to my post. I'm so against that and apparently Trump is going to restrict that next, but right now I feel like he is the enemy and I can't give him any quarter even when I agree.  I truly believe he is coming for our freedom and I have never felt that under any other Republican. 

• Members

I have never had any use for polls due to the small sample size.  I don't see 1300 people, and in some instances, less as enough.

Maybe there's a third option that Trump is hiding to surprise the media.  Whoever he picks is sure to disappoint him because it's unlikely that he will find a judge to rubber stamp all of his nonsense.  He's already easily the most ignorant president.  Maybe he'll give his sister a mention if he picks her co-worker.

I thought work visas were supposed to be for jobs that could not be filled by citizens or legal residents. 

• Members

I think the GOP really saw Trump's electoral victory as a mandate handed to them by voters and not what it really was: a breakdown of an antiquated system (meaning, the electoral college) that was supposed to prevent something like this from happening in the first place.  Seventy thousand votes, spread across three states, might have won Trump the electoral vote, but even if you ignore the three-plus million votes Hillary Clinton gained over him in the popular vote, that does not suggest the American public handed him OR the Republican party a mandate for anything.

Edited by Khan