Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Chilling. It reminds me of artwork from the '20s or '30s. 

John Oliver pretty much says it all for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJBqhhzcguM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rSDUsMwakI

I saw a lot of pooh-poohing saying he's part of the problem because he gave Trump attention and he thought he could influence the election, and so forth. He always criticized Trump, he never just treated him as an obscurity. And I don't believe for a minute that any voters out there flocked to Trump because of a geeky British guy on a cable channel most either don't have, or likely wouldn't be getting just to somehow magically rebel against one politinfotainment show. It's an easy out to avoid real questions. He really is trying to help, he's always been trying to help, and that's more than I can say for most of the late night frathouse. 

The only complaint I have is he had Amy Schumer in that last clip - someone else I try my best to avoid seeing. 

I did get a good laugh when I looked at the Daily Mail comments section and someone said they knew they had to write Oliver off when he criticized Jill Stein. Yes, let's not say a bad word about a deluded narcissist who is about as good at finding cities in Ohio as she is at running for office. I wonder if Susan Sarandon wrote that comment.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

The Der Spiegel article basically made allusions to Hitler (without saying his name) and Nazi Germany and laid out the similarities to Trump and white supremacy in the U.S.

Trump tell his racist supporters to "Stop It" but it looks like they're not listening.

Police Investigate Swastika Spray-Painted in 'Heart of Jewish Crown Heights'

This reminds me of how historical, there is usually pushback after progress in America.  Think of the post-Emancipation period A.K.A. the Reconstruction Era when former slaves are asserting themselves, gaining political power as Blacks are elected to public office in astonishing numbers.

Do you know what happens shortly after?

The emergence of the Ku Klux Klan, a terrorist organization (that lynched and beheaded people- sound familiar?) Blacks being terrorized/lynched in their neighborhoods, the burning of Black Wall Street.

This feels like pushback in America after the Obama Era.

ETA. Also in NYC, In Staten Island (not known for being racially tolerant or that diverse), a man has been arrested after being caught pouring gasoline on a Church.

Edited by DramatistDreamer