The Politics Thread

• Members

I feel sorry for Obama.   He tried his best to do the best he could.    He may not have done everything perfectly but nobody ever does, and now all his work will be undone and he will go from being one of the most consequential presidents to one whose entire imprint will be erased.   When they meet I can't imagine how awkward it will be given the personal animosity.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

BTW, Carl, we can now officially kill all the media. They may not have all rooted for Trump, but they did work to normalize him for the sake of ratings. We can begin with Jeff Zucker, a.k.a. Future Media Minister.

The only thing this election is going to do is re-radicalize me.

I know how you feel. Part of me is there with you. All I can tell you is I believe America is more and better than its worst hours and deeds, and if I can't fight for that ideal and live for it then I don't know how to. I did it in the Bush years and I can do it again. Obama did, and he gave his presidency over to it. I think the least I can do is try to honor that. It only gets better if we stand our ground and work to make it better.

We have to live, and we have to work.

(also thinking about getting back into drugs but that is another conversation)

Edited by Vee

• Members

I wish! It's the view from my mother-in-law's building. I live in the neighbourhood to the right of the picture and on the beach so I get the view mostly but at a different angle.

Apparently people are throwing stuff at the American consulate here. I hate that this has brought out so much anger.

CNN has a lot to answer for as do the rest of the media. Aussie news is even going off on people like Jimmy Fallon and SNL which seems a little unfair since I doubt anyone was swayed by them but certainly CNN, MSNBC, and the like need to be held responsible.

• Members

Oh, no, little Jimmy will be third or fourth on the wall when the revolution comes.

And no. Obama's legacy doesn't mean nothing. We have to remember it and try to fight for and honor it in our way, until this is over. Which may be a long time.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Thank you for your words of encouragement.

Just a US voter (though I live abroad now) who is profoundly shocked and rattled by this news.

I have to wonder whether Trump is a loose cannon or whether he is a puppet being controlled by other forces (and I don't necessarily mean Putin, more like domestic interests, but we can talk about Putin too if you like). I don't know which is the scarier prospect tbh.

All we can do in the face of feeling so powerless, is to live as strongly and proudly as we can, continue to advocate for what we believe in and the future we foresee for ourselves. And clean up the messes that other people make. And so life goes on...