SOD News - 11/25/08

• Members

Short Tidbits

GL

Grant Alexsander has signed a long term contract with the show and is excited to be back. His castmates are also excited that he is coming back. He decided to come back since he is good friends with co head Writer Jill Lorie, who asked him to return and then they started negotiations, and now he's back.

Marcy Rylan has re-signed with the show. The length of contract was not disclosed.

DAYS

Expect major budget and cast cuts when the show is renewed according to the term of their new deal.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, this show is being canceled come Sepember 2009. GL and long-term contract? LOL!

DAYS' production budget was always way too much for what we saw on screen. DAYS had the highest licensing fee/production budget per week in daytime before, yet just by looking at the show, you'd never know it. This is another show that's been plagued by bad management for years. Maybe the cuts can help the show be a bit more focused. It sounds like the budget got slashed a lot, I wish we had details!

• Members

I'd get rid of Tony, Anna, Steve, Kayla, & Max....

It would have been nice if they had been able to create a story for Steve that included him being a PI, and poor Kayla being used as a token Dr and sounding board. It wouldn't make me sad if they took Steph with them on their way out of town. Maybe Kayla could get a job as a COS for a hospital out of town, that would write them out without killing anyone off......

Tony and Anna could travel the world to catch up on all the traveling they missed out on while Tony was MIA......

Max can just leave and at this point I don't care how he's written out, to bad he couldn't be the killer and Max could be carted off to Prison...... e5000648.gif

Then Nick could be there to make Melanie feel better about having a dead father and a crazy ass brother with a rage problem.....

• Members

I can only imagine now who is going to be written off the show. At this point, DAYS needs to focus on the very important core characters who have been apart of the show for years, and the EJ, Sami, Nicole, Chloe, Philip crowd. But if Renee Jones is let go from the show again....

• Members

I'd like to say that Renee Jones is safe, given the amount of story she's received this year, but she seems to be the one that's always cut lately. I really hope they don't fire her again. That would just be wrong. With Whitesell there, and the recent indications that Lexie is going to go back into DiMera mode again, I hope Jones is safe.

Of the current cast, I would get rid of Stephen Nichols, Mary Beth Evans, Thaao Penghlis, Leann Hunley, Shawn Christian and Lauren Koslow. All of those people I like (except Christian as Daniel), but they're the logical choices if you ask me. All of them, while some may be involved in a story right now (Koslow and Christian) are in "no story island" for most of the time. Until recently, Kate did nothing for the majority of the year. If they don't kill her off with this lung cancer storyline, then I say have her go into remission and follow Daniel out of town when he gets a job offer at another hospital. Neither are really needed. I mean, I hate losing Koslow because I'm a fan, but I doubt they're ever going to write for Kate again after this story and I just don't see her being needed on the show. Her sons are such important parts of the show already, they don't need her around.

As for Tony and Anna, they can go on another cruise.

Steve and Kayla, I don't know about them. I would cut them just because they're not being used and it seems like a waste. But they are pretty popular characters with history and ties to the show. Their daughter is an important character right now (although I and most others would disagree). But for financial reasons and to keep DAYS alive, I would cut both actors and send Steve and Kayla out of town to visit Kimberly or something.

• Members

Nick,Max, Melanie,Stefanie,Rolf, Mickey,Maggie, Roman need to get the boot. im sorry bout maggie keep her on recurring. Keep Steve and Kayla for as long as possible, Tony and Anna send them off or keep them on recurring. im sorry but brady, chloe and phill can hit the road too

• Members

Honestly Abe & Roman could go and I wouldn't miss them. The same goes for the majority of the "sorority" set.

They won't get rid of Brady, Chloe, Philip. They're established characters on the show with large fanbases. Remember Phloe vs Broe? They got tons of press coverage for that love triangle.

• Members

I'm just worried about how low their budget is going to go. To me, it just seems obvious to write off Roman, Abe, Steve, Kayla, Kate, and Tony, sixcharacters who are hardly on and I'm sure get paid pretty well. I would love to know what their combined income is lol

Archived