GL: Major Actor/Character Returns!

• Members

Phillip Returns

Grant Aleksander will return to GUIDING LIGHT as Phillip Granville Spaulding in January 2009. "I love the show very much. I always have, and when I left [in 2004], I tried to make it clear that there were no hard feelings," Aleksander tells Soap Opera Weekly. For more from Aleksander and how GL got him back, pick up the Nov. 25 issues of Weekly and Soap Opera Digest.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
WOOHOO!!!!!!!! Best news for GL in a long time and I am totally stoked about it! The character of Phillip has connection with almost everyone on the canvas. It'll be looking forward in seeing scenes between Grant and Marcy (Lizzie Spaulding)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

• Members

Well, well, well. GL FINALLY does something right!

I don't think this will change much about the show's current state and I'm sure they'll botch his return up terribly, but I'm definitely tuning back in for this. The show really started to go downhill when he was fired 4 years ago (I can't believe it's been that long!), and I'm really curious about what effect his presence will have on the show.

• Members

I have every faith that Wheeler & Co. will find a way to screw this up, but I'm all for this return, it's something fans have been wanting since the day he left and something they've been hinting towards for years. I guess with RPG and BE out of the picture they have some good money to throw around on casting.

• Members

It's mindboggling that he would come back with the show the way it is (shithole is a perfect description). I think Vee is right. They got him to agree to come back for the last year of the show to wrap up his "story" as told by Ellen W and her conglomerate of "head writers" before it goes off the air. <sigh>

I can't see how they could have lured him back otherwise.

And now that Beth is [!@#$%^&*] Coop, along with his father....

• Members

I think it is very classy of him to come back to put "a period at the end of the sentence". That won't be possible with Harley, Gus, real-Cassie, and others. So it is nice that there might be SOME emotional resonance to the final chapter.

Archived