Beyoncé – 2 New Singles

Sylph

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Single Ladies" sounds like "Get Me Bodied" Part Two. I'm willing to bet the new album will B-Day Part Two as well...

No originality these days, with people recycling their own material in the most obvious ways.

"If I Were A Boy" is the much stronger single IMO, but why is she releasing two different singles at the same time? Talk about overkill. Is "If I Were A Boy" strictly for pop radio/audiences and is "Single Ladies" for urban/R&B radio/audiences? If so, what a waste, she could've released one single and it would've appealed to both audiences.

• Members

I have no idea. But I know I do not like these two songs at all.

The new album will reportedly be called I Am... (it is a double disc: I Am... Beyoncé and I Am... Sasha Fierce) and the majority of it will be produced by Timbaland (yeah, :rolleyes:).

So there's your originality. :P

• Members

Oh dear, both Beyonce and Timbaland suffer from a severe case of overexposure.

I've never really cared for her to be honest. Her vocal delivery is all over the place and she over-sings her lyrics like hell, which is very grating and annoying to my ears.

I think I can die happily if I never hear another Timbaland produced track again. :rolleyes:

• Members

This obviously another case where the money is the key to everything: she probably has a sure ticket for album sales given that Timbaland is the hitmaker of the moment. If she really wanted to do something different, why hasn't she used some other producer? God knows there are so many extraordinary producers out there... 

I guess she'll never be a risk-taking "artist".

I so agree on both of these points. 

• Members

If I Were a Boy...bland R&B radio-friendly radio dreck

Single Ladies...too frantic. Seriously, I had to turn it off after a minute, because I thought I was going to have a heart attack...and I liked "Get Me Bodied."

• Members

Two black girls I know were discussing If I Were A Boy and they dismissed it as "too pop." (Nevertheless, the video made them like the song) So I would say that your theory is probably correct and she's trying to appeal both to AA and white younglings.

• Members

I'm not feeling those songs. B's music has gone downhill.imo She needs to quit trying so hard to push the envelope and work on what she does best which is R&B. I'm not going to write off the B/Timbo collaboration yet, I need to hear more. I really hope Jay-Z, who I love is not on this album, them being on each others songs is getting tired and worn out, they need to take a break or something.

• Members

Her sisters new album is fantastic. It's a shame she couldn't have been more successful. Michelle too. Beyonce's new stuff is just horrible. Then again, I hated Deja Vu but the other singles were better. Single Ladies is particularly awful when considering how blatant a ripoff of Get Me Bodied it is.

Archived