B&B: Week of October 20th, 2008

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No I didnt mean the show should just focus on those 4 only. That would be horrible. I meant they should focus on those 4 for this storyline and move Katie and Rick onto something else bc they really dont belong here. There presence only complicates things in an unnecesary way and it becomes overkill when you have a love quad that turns into a love hexagon

• Members

So, for me, I'm not interested in Rick/Budge/Katie. I should be. They have a history. The problem is my REAL emotional connection to Rick is via AMBER...but I get my Amber fix over at Y&R. My real emotional connection to Budge is through Jennifer Finnegan AND via Deacon...but he is MIA. As for Katie...I only tolerate her because of my former-Victoria (Y&R) love...but I will only like Katie if she returns to being the woman of intelligence and integrity that she was when she joined the show

What you both point out is the continuing structural disaster of this show.

We have a NON-EXISTENT teen generation. (Thomas, Phoebe are mostly off canvas; Marcus and Steffi are islanded and weak, IMO). Our early 20s generation is also infintessimally small, AND the only way they are able to sustain them is by putting them in romances with our 40s-50s generation. Yech.

Donna is kind of the middle (30s)....Beemer should be with the 20s folks...Gareis needs to go.

Then, when we turn to our 40s-50s generation, we have the over-played foursome + Nick and Taylor, with the interesting folks (Felicia) languishing.

I truly feel Brad Bell needs to bite the bullet and backburner Ridge, Brooke, Taylor, Nick, Stephanie and Eric. Some of them may have life, but they need at least 12 months of resting on the backburner.

I'd focus the show (even though I don't like them that much) on Rick, Bridget, Thomas, Phoebe, Steffi, Marcus, and CJ Garrison. (I say this even though I have little enthusiasm for any of them). Rick

, so if that is the case, I'd re-make him like Billy Miller's Billy Abbott on Y&R. A man-ho with a personality. I think Kyle Lowder might be able to pull that off (I like the early, angry Brady Black on DOOL). Since Amber is busy, I think I might have Rick play a dastardly love-em and leave-em, who is nonetheless won over by an Amber type (think brassy waitress). Somehow, this Amber-type would help him rediscover the decency within. But she'd also screw up a lot (like Amber), fueling lots of capers.

For Bridget, I would return Deacon. He is needed...and I'd like to see him help Bridget connect with her sense of anger and betrayal....so she becomes a more tart-tongued take-no-prisoner's girl.

For each of these characters, the older generation could serve as mentors and talk-tos during the rebuild phase.

For Marcus, I have previous said I'd like to explore his birth father (whom I have already said I wish could be Officer Charlie). I'd also like to see Marcus begin to experience some internal conflict for abandoning his adoptive family. What did they do to make him run? Or is he being selfish. If he stays with Steffi, I think some kind of triangle is needed. Logical triangle partners could either be a tarted-up Phoebe (recast!!!!) or -- for Steffi -- a brother of Marcus from his adoptive or birth clans.

I want CJ back, because I want the house of Spectra restored. As we have previously discussed, this also needs to be a platform whereby a gay male is introduced to the front burner. You all have convinced me it can't be CJ...but it needs to be someone fundamental to the house of Spectra.

You'll notice I STILL don't have story for Felicia or Thorne. I think that is because the build of the 20s-30s group is SO SO essential for the future of this show. Honestly, I really don't have any ideas for Owen or Katie either. I think Owen needs to be Ridge's love child (from some fling)...but other than that, not too many ideas.

To be clear, I think the backburnered vets could play 2-3 days a week! In fundamental support roles! But they MUST be in extended supporting roles.

I do feel the Marones must be vaporized at this point. Forever.

After 12 months of this, I would slowly bring the kids (Felicia's son, Brooke's many young 'uns, little Jack) back to the canvas....like Y&R has recently done with Noah Newman. All of these kids would be in the 14-17 year age range. Before too long, I'd start to play some legitimate teen romances, etc. with these kids...but only after a year of so of integration (again in support roles) with the 20s-30s group above. THAT builds the future of the canvas.

Finally, I would ask Brad Bell to step back, and I'd write a 12-month (minimum) bible, COMMITTING to stories with longer-term payoff. This would deal with some of the character consistency issues.

I would do a moratorium on outrageous sex, swapping, baby, illness kinds of stories. I'd go for more realistic stories. BUT...those realistic stories could WELL be centered in the fashion business. It is fine with me if everyone works in the fashion business. I'd like to see the Forrester-Spectra rivalry return to being the DRIVING rivalry for the show.

Maybe one way to bring in the new Spectra diva (even if it is written more as a masculine gay man...see last week's HBO Entourage as an example) is to have that man tied to Marcus (a brother?) or someone like that.

• Members

Lol at Donna and Owen. Oh looks there's a vacant house next door.....hmmmmm....nah Pam wouldn't be THERE. DUH.

And another LOL at the Ridge/Rick fight. Didn't we have Ridge punching Rick last time? Guess Rick never got over that. And was he actually trying to kill Ridge?

About suggestions...

If Deacon comes back, bring another male on to play him. I was so sick of Sean Kanan. I guess he fits Deacon because he just looks sleazey to me. I think SK was the reason I never liked Deacon.

About the Marones....there's only Nick and Jackie. It's not like there are a ton of them. Nick has twisted himself in the Forrester tree so much that it'd be odd to completely write him out. And Jackie would be a key to a fashion rivalry. The history is already there (albeit not a ton) and LAD is great.

• Members

Katie needs to go, no offence to Heather Tom. As for Nick, he should also get buh-bye kissed unless they actually do sth. Jackie at Spectra. If not get rid of Nick and maybe even Jackie.

Apart from that, the show is rather solid. I'm still catching but it's no longer that hurtful and I'm just a few episodes behind now...

• Members

I feel like HT was just given a bum story and now nobody likes Katie, which isn't HT's fault at all, she's played Katie the best anybody could've done with the crap she's gotten. I think we might be okay with Katie if they just give her some time off of the frontburner and then bring her in to something that doesn't have to do with Nick. I don't think anybody would mind if they sort-of erased this story (leaving her medical history in though).

I think if Rick gets fed up enough with Ridge and his family, he could team up with Jackie and do something with fashion. Ugh, LAD is being wasted so much. Of course she's no Darlene Conley, but she can pull off the dramatics and the camp well.

• Members

I don't watch very often, but when did Hunter have those horrible implants that looked like basketball's strapped to her chest removed? She looked really good today without them.

Too bad Y&R and B&B don't swap Emelia for Heather. EH would fit more with the Beautiful title and she's just not cutting it as Victoria.

• Members

ITD. I think Amelia and Heather are much better suited to the roles of Victoria and Katie, respectively. Yes, Amelia is more "Beautiful", but that's not in Katie's character description. Katie is supposed to be the ugly duckling. And IMO, Amelia is cutting it as Victoria. In fact, Amelia has been Victoria for me since March 21, 2005.

Archived